5 Replies Latest reply on Jan 16, 2007 2:03 PM by kglad

Flash Movie Interactivity

c_skillet
      I am an intermediate flash developer trying to understand this dynamic app. But I am having some interactions problems. I could really use some help. I have some buttons on my stage. I would like to have them load a clip onto the stage, but first remove the previous viewing clip before loading the new clip. Can someone help me with this please? I know it involves some action scripting. I am not sure which needs the action script though.
        • 1. Re: Flash Movie Interactivity
          kglad Adobe Community Professional & MVP
          just use loadMovie() or loadClip() (if you're using the moviecliploader class) and load into the same target movieclip. the previously loaded clip will be unloaded as the new external file begins to load.
          • 2. Flash Movie Interactivity
            c_skillet Level 1
            OK. I understand that way.

But another thing is that the movie clips that I am using have animations to them. Like they move onto the screen from off the stage. And when I would like them to leave. I wanted them to "zoom" and "fade out". Oh. do I also put the script on the stage or the symbol.
            • 3. Re: Flash Movie Interactivity
              if you want to display a transition from one swf to the next you'll need, at least, two target movieclips. one to contain the current swf and the other to contain the next swf that's to be displayed.

the next swf should be loaded into a target that has _alpha=0. when loading is complete you'll start the transition of the currently loaded swf (to "zoom" and "fade out"). sometime prior to or when that zoom and fade are complete you'll start the transition for the next swf to display.

the next swf to display will load into the previously zoomed and faded-out target movieclip.
              • 4. Re: Flash Movie Interactivity
                c_skillet Level 1
                So should I create an empty movie clip on the stage. Or do I use the current .SWF file on the stage for the current target and the other .SWF as the other target.
                • 5. Re: Flash Movie Interactivity
                  you'll need two target movieclips. you can use actionscript to create them both.

you'll load your first and every odd load into one of the target movieclips and every even load you'll load into the other target movieclip.

that way you'll have both the current and next swf loaded at the same time and can execute your transition for one to the other.