• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to make home screen goes away after closing PDF file in Acrobat DC?

Explorer ,
Apr 09, 2015 Apr 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just updated Acrobat DC on a Mac. It works fine except the most annoying part is home screen is always there after you view and close any PDF documents. So every time you close a PDF file, you have to press command+w on keyboard twice to close the windows. Very unproductive and annoying. Anyone has any tip in getting rid of the home screen or home workspace? Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 16, 2015 Oct 16, 2015

The same in English language.

AcrobatNew.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Apr 10, 2015 Apr 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please let someone have a solution for this. I don't mind all the changes (not that impressed though, either), but this one is a major annoyance. I really hope there is a solution for this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 13, 2015 Apr 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed, this is a deal breaker.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 13, 2015 Apr 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You would think there would be an option but I went through all of them and no luck. I assume they have it like that so it works like a hub for their cloud service but certainly not efficient in a production environment. I hope they add the option in an update soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 14, 2015 Apr 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's terrible, why make me press buttons more than once, I'm getting Repetitive Strain Injury!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed with OP. Designers and Q/A not thinking about how product is used. This was probably something that Sales asked for, and nobody was willing to tell them to go away.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hands down the most annoying "feature" I've encountered in quite a while.  Requires 2 clicks (key strokes) to close every doc... crazy.  Clean it up Adobe and sooner than later please.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, I have noticed that if you use the mouse and click the "X" button (Top Right) to close the window, it will close both windows together. It's remarkable that this behavior works when closing the window with the mouse, but not with the keyboard commands.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've also updated not realising it would completely wipe my existing copy of acrobat pro... Now stuck with this annoying window every time I close a PDF.

Creating heaps of pdfs per day I'm finding this extremely annoying. They need to put in a option to turn it off!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 28, 2015 Apr 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree this is very annoying. In past versions there was a way to disable it in Preferences --> General, but that preference has been removed.

Adobe, think about it... I want to view a PDF, I open it, I'm done, I want to get back to work... but you force this Home window and recent file list to pop up full screen?!  What is the purpose... do you really think it will encourage me to spend more time with Reader... as if we pay be the hour or something?

Please put the preference back and allow us to turn it off. And if you want to be really good to your users, add a checkbox at the bottom of the Home window that says "Don't show me this again."  Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This feature is terrible Adobe! Give us the option to disable this blasted home view window. Having to close two windows every time I close a PDF is just plain dumb. My job entails making and proofing PDFs all the time. At LEAST give us the same option Photoshop has that lets us turn off the Application Frame.

For now, I'm going back to Acrobat X till this gets fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've also gone back to XI now as I noticed all the advanced tools (preflight, content editing, output preview etc.) are not collapsable as in XI meaning your forever clicking in and out of tool options.

You can submit feature requests and bug reports here:

adobe.ly/BugReport

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 28, 2015 May 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has this been resolved? Or are we still plagued with a giant white screen when we close a pdf?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I gave up waiting and reverted back to the last version of Acrobat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reverting to an older version is not acceptable. Adobe needs to fix the current version of the product, per the various issues that have been pointed out in this forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 13, 2015 Aug 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not acceptable, but, sad to say, Acrobat XI Pro is faster and more user friendly than Acrobat DC. I've installed DC twice to give it a try, and twice I've uninstalled it. The only reason I installed DC a second time was just to get rid of that annoying '1' on the Creative Cloud icon on my OS X menu bar since Adobe doesn't let you have both versions of Acrobat installed at the same time. Shouldn't this be Acrobat XV Pro, and what happened to Acrobats 12 through 14?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I gave up too and went back to the previous version. Best thing I've done in long time concerning software. I don't mind using the older version forever if that's what it takes.

This is exactly how you lose customers Adobe. Fix this problem instead of trying to force your multitasking work flow nonsense on us.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 02, 2015 Jun 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with everyone on here. This is super annoying and it's crazy that Adobe would not make a Preferences option to turn it off. Shame on you Adobe. Shame you, sir.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 02, 2015 Jun 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also very annoyed by this feature, I have to open dozens of pdfs a day and I have enough keystrokes already!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 08, 2015 Jun 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please let us get rid of this! Not a deal breaker to force me to downgrade, but it does leave me cursing Adobe each extra second I waste.

Not loving the soft and pastel-y color feel, but I guess I'll adjust.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 17, 2015 Jun 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So really? No reply from any Adobe representative in this topic?

Myself and all my coworkers (who work in CC all day long) also find this extremely annoying - especially with no way to turn it off.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 18, 2015 Jun 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Double close is like having to turn off your car twice, press the elevator button twice, do the dishes twice..... I think Adobe thought a person would love Acrobat so much they would want to work on nothing but Acrobat docs all day and nothing else, so they leave it open for you.

When I hit the "X", I expect the app to close like the other 104 apps on my computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 24, 2015 Jun 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with everyone.  Just upgrade and am so frustrated with this screen. Going back to the old version now!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 24, 2015 Jun 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also finding this very annoying. But i have found this thread useful - i didn't even consider hitting close twice or at least hitting the little X in the corner to close both at the same time. Switching off the feature would make a lot of sense. I don't understand why big companies like this don't get a range of designers and professional users to test out the features before they release it to give their feedback. Make it a pleasure to use and you will have our undying loyalty - seriously.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 26, 2015 Jun 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I totally agree, super annoying!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines