2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 9, 2015 1:23 PM by trshaner

transferring edited pictures to desktop on Mac

KylieChevalier

So when I use lightroom to edit the pictures and then try and transfer those edited pictures to my desktop for some reason the pictures go back to its original unedited copy. How do I make keep the edited form of the pictures when I'm transferring them to my desktop?

• 1. Re: transferring edited pictures to desktop on Mac
          99jon Adobe Community Professional & MVP

You need to export, The adjustments contained in the catalog are only applied on export.

• 2. Re: transferring edited pictures to desktop on Mac
            trshaner Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Lightroom is a non-destructive editor and as 99jon mentioned your LR edits are contained in the catalog file. The original camera file and other files that are 'Imported' into LR are never modified. To apply those edits you need to use the Export module or LR's other modules (Book, Slideshow, Print, Web).

kyliechevalier wrote:

So when I use lightroom to edit the pictures and then try and transfer those edited pictures to my desktop for some reason the pictures go back to its original unedited copy.

Please be very careful how you move, rename, or "organize" your LR imported image files and folders. This should only be done from inside LR. Any LR file or folder that is moved or renamed using Windows File Explorer, Mac Finder or other application will become disconnected from the LR catalog. Done this myself a few times and I know better......it doesn't hurt to be reminded.

These training videos may be helpful:

Lightroom Training Videos « Julieanne Kost's Blog