• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Message 'I cannot remove the box that shows on videos entitled: Adobe Flash Player Settings for Local Storage

New Here ,
Apr 09, 2015 Apr 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mac OS X  10.6.8

Safari   5.1.10

I cannot remove the box that shows on videos on the screen.  It is entitled:   Adobe Flash Player Settings for Local Storage 

Whenever a video shows on the screen a box appears in the middle of the video saying: Adobe Flash Player Settings Local Storage

It states that a web site is requesting permission to store information on my computer   At the bottom are choices:   a folder           allow       deny   When I click on

deny it will not remove the box, consequently I am not able to view the video.   I have attempted to change the Flash Player but it gives a message that Adobe Flash Player will be removed from my computer.   This is where I stop.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 09, 2015 Apr 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The root cause is that the anti-clickjacking logic in our dialog is throwing a false positive (it thinks the dialog is obscured or otherwise tampered with).  This happens a lot with videos when pixels are moving behind the dialog.

The easiest way to solve this is to just allow local shared objects.

Go to Control Panel > Flash Player > Storage and select Allow sites to store information on this computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 10, 2015 Jun 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Kate,

If you're still having this problem and you've adjusted the control panel settings to Allow Websites to store information on this computer, you might want to reboot just to ensure that all of the settings take effect.

If you're still running into this after that, let me know and I'll try and help you out.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 01, 2015 Jul 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In IE 11, there is no such thing as Control Panel > Flash Player.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 01, 2015 Jul 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's under the Windows control panel.  (Start > Control Panel > Flash Player).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines