7 Replies Latest reply on Apr 12, 2015 4:19 PM by MobileDeveloperCK

How can one clear recent files?

fcrussell

How can one clear recent files?

• 1. Re: How can one clear recent files?
          KhanMehwish Adobe Employee

Are you using Acrobat DC on Android or iOS? This functionality is not available on iOS. On Android, while being in the Recent tab, tap on the overflow buttonOverflowMenu.png or the hardware menu button. This will provide you with an option to 'Clear Recent'. Please let us know if you still observe some issue.

Thanks.

• 2. Re: How can one clear recent files?
            fcrussell Level 1

I'm using an iPad 2.

THe the strange part of the puzzle is "where are all the Recent Files located?" Under the Home page are 3 categories on my ipad - Recent, Local, and Document Cloud. Local is empty and some but not all of the Recent Files are in Document Cloud. The other files are familiar but not located in Local or Document Cloud. Where are those unlisted files located?

THanks

• 3. Re: How can one clear recent files?
              MobileDeveloperCK Adobe Employee

Hi Fred,

Did you view those "unlisted files" on different computers or iOS/Android devices before?  Have you used Mobile Link before?

Would you check each source after you sign into Adobe Document Cloud with your Adobe ID?

Source Switcher iPad.png

You can also check the files in Adobe Document Cloud via the web interface.

1. Open a web browser.
              2. Go to https://cloud.acrobat.com/recent
              3. Sign in with your Adobe ID.

If you simply updated from Adobe Reader to Acrobat DC, any local documents should remain intact.  However, if you uninstall the Reader/Acrobat DC app completely, iOS (the operating system) will erase all of app data including local documents.

Please us know if you have additional questions.

• 4. Re: How can one clear recent files?
                fcrussell Level 1

THe "unlisted files" are on my ipad, I haven't looked anywhere else. I tried the steps you listed to access Adobe Document Cloud but was unsuccessful. On my desktop using IE9 with Windows XP, it went to a similiar menu as on Acrobat DC but wouldn't show any files. I also tried it using iPad Safari and it did the same thing. Is Adobe Document Cloud the same thing as Adobe.com feature on the old iPad Adobe Reader app?

Mobile Link was running on the old Adobe Reader app for the iPad but since I just have an iPad, I didn't really use it to update other mobile devices. If Mobile Link was the link to store files on Adobe's old cloud for Adobe Reader app for iPad, then I did use it.

WHen I updated from Adobe Reader to Acrobat DC, there were numerous file and folders that were stored at Adobe.com (Adobe Document Cloud, I believe). However, with Acrobat DC there were others that weren't on Adobe Document Cloud.

Those other files were massaged with an app called PDF Max. Those files, I believe, were stored in the data section of PDF Max and certainly not on the Adobe Document Cloud.

Hope this makes sense. Thanks.

• 5. Re: How can one clear recent files?

Hi,

The files and folders that are locally stored on your iPad should appear in Local (which used to be labeled Documents in the previous versions of the app).

After you switch the file location to Local (see the screenshot in reply #3 above), do you see any files?

You have already mentioned that Local was empty.  Because you updated the app (instead of uninstalling and reinstalling it), you should not lose the files that are stored on your iPad.

Other users reported the problem with "lost" files in this forum.  But some users confirmed that they found their files in Local after switching the file location.

• 6. Re: How can one clear recent files?
                    fcrussell Level 1

I solved the problem by deleting the Acrobat DC app. I'll use iBooks instead.

THanks.

• 7. Re: How can one clear recent files?

That's certainly an option.  But iBooks for iOS does not support annotations (adding Sticky Notes, Highlight, Freehand Drawing, etc.) for PDF documents or form filling.