2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 10, 2015 6:07 AM by SJRiegel

Is there a way to set an image as a background after i've already gotten my text boxes perfected?

kaymarhar

Sorry, I know the title question is a little confusing so I'll try to better explain. I am brand new to adobe programs, so there may or may not be a very simple solution/way to do this that I don't know about because to be honest I don't know much.

I'm using indesign to create a poster presentation for a research symposium, because quite frankly I think all of the power point templates really suck. At first I was just going to work with a basic color scheme, so when I started creating my document the background is just plain white with many grey text boxes as shown below.

Screen Shot 2015-04-09 at 8.04.37 PM.png

Im obviously still tinkering, but I found an image that I'd like to set as the back ground basically under all of these grey text boxes, so that I can make some semi transparent that way you can see this image. How do I go about doing this? Do I have to just start over with the image laid down first and then put my text boxes back over it? If so, is there a simple way to do this? Because it took me AGES to manually configure the text to wrap around my little pig friend there and I would be so bummed if I had to do it again