4 Replies Latest reply on Apr 19, 2015 4:13 AM by RahulTyagi_

Why did Adobe DC delete ALL files on my SD card?

dougr37049071 Level 1

Well, the only thing that happened with my tablet today was the new Adobe DC was pushed onto it. Now ALL pics, videos, and old PDF files on  my SD card have been deleted. It is blank.  WOW!!! Thanks....

• 1. Re: Why did Adobe DC delete ALL files on my SD card?
          RahulTyagi_ Adobe Employee

Hi dougr37049071,

Which device are you using?

Did you checked the occupied space of your SD Card? Has it decreased?

Does this happened after the DC installed? or did you noticed any other event that might have triggered this issue?

Regards,
          Rahul

• 2. Re: Why did Adobe DC delete ALL files on my SD card?
            dougr37049071 Level 1

No other event. I clicked to download a PDF from a known reliable contact, "Reader" started to update automatically even though I have auto-update disabled on ALL my electronics, then it deleted all the 'old' "Reader" software (which my updates have NEVER done before). With nothing in the stupid "recent" tab I had to scroll & search for each file independently. Then I have to start learning to walk & talk all over again....like recovering from severe brain trauma! I wonder, did the developers EVER actually use the older versions of Adobe Reader?

To: dougr37049071 <ag_pob@yahoo.com>

Sent: Monday, April 13, 2015 10:54 AM

Subject: You have been mentioned by RahulTyagi4you in Re: Why did Adobe DC delete ALL files on my SD card? in Adobe Community

|

You have been mentioned

by RahulTyagi4you in Re: Why did Adobe DC delete ALL files on my SD card? in Adobe Community - View RahulTyagi4you's reference to you  Hi dougr37049071, Which device are you using?Did you checked the occupied space of your SD Card? Has it decreased? Does this happened after the DC installed? or did you noticed any other event that might have triggered this issue? Regards,

Rahul

Participate in the conversation by replying to this email

To stop receiving these messages whenever you are mentioned, go to your preferences and disable notifications for direct social actions. |

• 3. Re: Why did Adobe DC delete ALL files on my SD card?
              dougr37049071 Level 1

I found them. But having to access them separately & then "create a local file" for each one has been very counter-productive & counter-intuitive compared with the 'old' version...I guess 'the cloud' has got us with a ring-in-the-nose leading us where it wants...

To: Doug Reed <ag_pob@yahoo.com>

Sent: Monday, April 13, 2015 10:54 AM

Subject:  Why did Adobe DC delete ALL files on my SD card?

Why did Adobe DC delete ALL files on my SD card?

created by RahulTyagi4you in Adobe Document Cloud - View the full discussionHi dougr37049071, Which device are you using?Did you checked the occupied space of your SD Card? Has it decreased? Does this happened after the DC installed? or did you noticed any other event that might have triggered this issue? Regards,

Rahul If the reply above answers your question, please take a moment to mark this answer as correct by visiting: https://forums.adobe.com/message/7433910#7433910 and clicking ‘Correct’ below the answer Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page: Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed an image in your message please visit the thread in the forum and click the camera icon: https://forums.adobe.com/message/7433910#7433910 To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at , click "Following" at the top right, & "Stop Following"  Start a new discussion in Adobe Document Cloud by email or at Adobe Community For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1516624.

• 4. Re: Why did Adobe DC delete ALL files on my SD card?
                RahulTyagi_ Adobe Employee

Hi dougr37049071

Which device and os are you using?

Regards,

Rahul