• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to set file names?

Contributor ,
Apr 10, 2015 Apr 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using TCS 5, RH11, FM12, all patched up, if I set a marker, such as "Filename" in FrameMaker, can RoboHelp use the contents of that marker to set the file name of the HTML file it creates? How? Thoughts?

Cheers,

Sean

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 14, 2015 Apr 14, 2015

Sorry, never tried using it (it’s a pretty obscure feature) – if you can set up a simple FM to RH example that’s not working, submit it to tcs.support@adobe.com<mailto:tcs.support@adobe.com>

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Apr 13, 2015 Apr 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I seem to remember reading something about using marker text in FM to control how the file appears in RH, but I don’t remember the details.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Apr 14, 2015 Apr 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I added a marker called Filename to every topic I have, and provided content that I want to be used as a filename. I set the topics to split on marker of type, Filename. However, this marker is not used and, in fact, it is not represented in the HTML output, so for some reason it is being stripped out. Thoughts?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Setting the file name through FM marker text & pagination (splitting content up into separate topics) are 2 different things. First off, why do you need to set the filenames of the resulting RH topics? Aren’t the Headings you are paginating on good enough?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

The headings are not good enough. I would think something like this would be supported, but the reason I need it is I am putting files into an existing system whereby the help calls are all fixed by filename.

Cheers,

Sean

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How was it called before? I’d be looking at using Map IDs to do your CSH.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It was called by filename. This is a maufacturing-hardware based componenet, not really sophisticated software, so map IDs are out. And, as a side note, beginning at least with .NET in 2003, you could map to filenames anyway. Thoughts on how to set the filenames, such as by marker?

Cheers,

Sean

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Were you trying to follow this topic? - http://help.adobe.com/en_US/robohelp/robohtml/WS9F91508B-AC18-4b72-8FFB-B639F73F4741.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did see that and tried it, but with no success.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, never tried using it (it’s a pretty obscure feature) – if you can set up a simple FM to RH example that’s not working, submit it to tcs.support@adobe.com<mailto:tcs.support@adobe.com>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

Thanks for working with me on this. I appreciate your help. The last time I used RoboHelp was when Blue Sky owned it, at the original version 6. I see it has aged logically.

Cheers,

Sean

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp