1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 20, 2007 1:53 PM by kglad

manipulate triangle

SuperKungFu
      For the past two days I have been searching google looking for a tutorial to do the follow, but have not been able to find the right combination of search words to get what I need. I was hoping someone here could point me to the right direction.

What I want to do is have a triangle on the screen and to the side of that triangle three sliding bars where each one controls one side of the triangle. So if I slide one bar to the right it will increase the length of one side of the triangle.

And I am a complete novice so this could be extremely easy (which I hope), but right now I have no clue what to do.
        • 1. Re: manipulate triangle
          kglad Adobe Community Professional & MVP
          you would use the flash drawing api to redraw your triangle as a slider is moved.

you'll need to better define your project because changing the length of 1 side while maintaining the other 2 side's lengths and specifying one point (the point at the vertex opposite the changing side which i assume would not move) is not enough to uniquely define a triangle.