4 Replies Latest reply on Apr 13, 2015 4:07 AM by Iggorr25

Placing me in a 3D plane

Iggorr25

Hi So what I want to do is place me inside a 3D model of a fighter plane from the ELEMENT plugin from videocopilot. I have the footage of me recorder in front of a green screen, I keyd it out and it looks great. How can I put that video inside a 3D model of a fighter jet..... I asked around in VC forum but got some uncler answer.... I was not able to do it the way that was explained to me there...... 

• 1. Re: Placing me in a 3D plane
          Dave LaRonde Level 6

That's kinda tough to do without knowing what they told you at video copilot.  What if we tell you to do it the same way, huh?

• 2. Re: Placing me in a 3D plane
            Iggorr25 Level 1

yes that makes sense here is what they told me there : Try this:Make a Video from yourself (use a pure black Background and be shure, on your Body is nothing pure black).Use this Video as a custom Texture for Element3D. In the Scene Setup place a Plane (same Aspect Ratio as your Videoclip) in the canopy (towards to the camera). Use the custom Texture for this plane and set the Blend Mode for the material to Screen. Set also Glossines, Specular Multiplier andEnvironment Multiplier to 0%.You can also make your Video with a green or blue Background, then you must use a Keyer to remove the Background. This Videoclip you save as a PNG-24 Imagesequence. Then use this also as a custom Texture. Use "Alpha Threshold" (Scene Setup) to remove the Background.

• 3. Re: Placing me in a 3D plane
              Szalam Adobe Community Professional & MVP

That's...not good advice. I saw it on the VCP forum, but I was just going to let it go, but you already have a good key, why would you need to do the black background thing and pull an awful key? Anyway...

Why not make a plane in Element that uses the alpha and image of you as the texture? Then put that plane inside the...plane.

• 4. Re: Placing me in a 3D plane
                Iggorr25 Level 1

Well yes that is what the guy in the VC forum ment, when he said to use my PNG as a custom texture fo the plane I taught he was talking about the airplane, I did not understand that he said that I should use a primitive object called the plane well now I get it
                here is the result so far, needs more work but it will turn out good I think I jet.jpg