The download of 9.0.1 from Adobe should be your answer. Please try it again with the antivirus and firewall(s) disabled.
Are your all these failures (from Help Menu/Updates and Adobe link) characterized by the same Error Code: U43M1D207?
That is the message from the Adobe Download utility is always that.
From the others, the message is “Patch cannot be applied. Please contact product support.”
The patch downloads just fine, but it won’t install.
Thanks for the follow up.
If the disabling of the antivirus and firewall(s) did not resolve the issue and there are no other security software blocking the install, then let us consider:
1. Can you create a new user account with administrative privileges and install and run Premiere Elements 9.0 there and then download and install the 9.0.1 Update from the Adobe link (not from its Help Menu/Updates)?
2. Did you install Premiere Elements 9 from installation disc or installation files from a download?
Depending on the results of other troubleshooting, download and install free tryout of Premiere Elements 9 and insert your purchased serial number in them during installation. Then download and try to install the 9.0.1 Update.
To avoid an Access Denied message, please follow carefully the web site's "Note: Very Important Instructions".
3. In Device Manager/Network Adapters, do you have any Microsoft adapters in that list?
Gee, I couldn't finish fast enough my first approach to answer, I've only just registered for the Forum. Sorry.
Here's my quick but complete answer:
- download the Premiere Elements 9.0.1 Updater directly from ADOBE (as suggested earlier).
You will get a *zip file
- unpack it with any common unzip program. You will get an *exe file
- open that file and frolic
Ernst from Germany
Did you have a question relating to updating Premiere Elements 9 to 9.0.1 Update?
If so, your question and/or comment did not get posted with your reply.
Please try again as your schedule permits.
Just finished, ATR, see below - good luck!
Thanks for filling in the missing message 4. I am not sure of your intent by posting it since updating 9.0.1 information was given previously as you acknowledged in your post that got through. Were you having problems with version 9 that you resolved by downloading and installing the 9.0.1 Update?
Also be advised, that there are no more program updates for 9 after that update. Also, do you need update for Camera Raw? There too I would advise you to use the online downloads for that rather than Premiere Elements 9.0/9.0.1 opened project's Help Menu/Updates.
Please let me know if you need further information on possible Camera Raw updates for Premiere Elements 9.0/9.0.1.