4 Replies Latest reply on Apr 14, 2015 7:12 AM by hoticeeu

InDesign installation that supports all languages

hoticeeu Level 1

Hi all,

I'm a Creative Cloud user and I would like to ask if there is any way of having InDesign installed in a version that is friendly to all world languages. I work primarily with European languages but I also sometimes need to work with translations into a range of world languages, for example Arabic, Japanese, Chinese, Thai and others.

I know that it's possible to get a special "regional" installation of InDesign throught CC (and then switch it back to English to get the English interface). I have already used the Middle East and CJK versions like this. But it's really annoying, especially if you need to work on a bunch of languages in the same time. So for example now I have the ME version installed, I need to work with Japanese, fonts are working well but I would like to have the Japanese paragraph composer and the Japanese language available in the paragraph options window to make sure that the text is flowing correctly. And of course, I dont want to uninstall my ME and install CJK because I will need the ME again in a few days. And I dont want to have heaps of indesign installs on my computer either.

So, my question is - is there any possibility to have support for ALL languages that indesign can work with in ONE installation?

If not - please take this a feature request. I am sure I'm not the only person in the world needing this.

Thanks

Jana