5 Replies Latest reply on Apr 13, 2015 4:08 PM by A.T. Romano

Premiere Non responsive

Dougy

I am using Premiere 13 and have had good success, until a problem came up all of a sudden. When I now download to project assets, the video tape logo appears in the top right, the description of the file below the box appears, but the box itself (icon view) is blank (grey) and now video image appears like all the rest. When I double click on the icon to appear in the clop monitor, it only shows in the clip monitor as a yellow graphic in multiple languages of "media pending" and this never disappears. If I try just viewing my project, the timer runs, but the image is does not change in the workspace. When I try to close out of premier, it says Premiere not responding. Any help determining what I should do next, or what I did wrong to cause this? I'm a new user.

• 1. Re: Premiere Non responsive
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Dougy

Premiere Elements 13 on what computer operating system? And, have you updated 13 to 13.1 using an opened project's Help Menu/Updates? Please do so, if you have not already.

But, to the immediate issue,

1. Please verify that the message that you are getting is "Media Pending". Could you post a screenshot of this Media Pending message? Any chance the message say "Media Offline"? I want to rule in or out if you have a media disconnect problem because you have moved, deleted, or renamed files and folders that you imported into the project after you saved closed the project. Do you store your source media on an external hard drive? If so, is the drive letter of the external hard drive changing? Or, is the external hard drive malfunctioning?

2. What are the properties of your source media that you are importing into the project? What is the brand/model/settings of the camera that recorded the video?

3. At this point, can you start a new project and import several jpeg photos into the project without issues?

Let us start here and then decide what next.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: Premiere Non responsive
            Dougy Level 1

Thank you for responding. I appreciate and will try my best to answer your questions as this is quite frustrating.

I have updated to Premiere Elements 13.1

I am not actually getting a message in a dialog box. What I was describing is the yellow part that shows and leaves as a video is actually being placed in the clip monitor. Normally this goes away but my problem is once I double click on one of the imported files in project assets, the yellow logo remains. This has many languages printed with the same message "media pending" I think it just isn't responding. Then when I try to close out of Elements Premiere, the timed circle just spins and eventually I click again and then a dialog box appears that ways the program is not responding.

I store all video clips on an external hard drive and am very careful not to change the folders. I have several projects going at once and all work well. It's just this one that is causing the problem. In other words, I can import a working video that is in another project and it works. When I import the same video into this project with the problem, it doesn't work as described above.

So, the external drive is working well and I defragment my internal and external drives after each editing session.

I am using video that has been converted through outsourcing to Costco, so I get a DVD that shows the files and I download. This process has worked well and again, it is working fine with the other projects.

Yes, I can start a new project and import jpeg files without any issues.

I am new at this so any help is appreciated.

• 3. Re: Premiere Non responsive
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Dougy

Thanks for the reply with the additional details, but I do not see your computer operating system named. For now I will assume Windows 7, 8, or 8.1 64 bit.

Please try deleting the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file....

Local Disk C

Users

Owner

AppData

Roaming

Adobe

Premiere Elements

and in the 13.0 Folder is the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file that you delete. If that does not work, then delete the whole 13.0 Folder in which the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file exists. Be sure to have enabled the Folder Option Show Hidden Files, Folders, and Drives.

I am not 100% of this, but it is worth ruling in or out at the onset.

Please also look at deleting conformed audio from Media Cache Files Folder (location found from Edit Menu/Preferences/Scratch Disks and Media Cache) and deleting conformed video from Edit Menu/Preferences/Media and the Media Cache Database "Clean" button.

The Media Pending issue is different from the Media Missing one but it may have common "elements".

Have you tried storing a source video file on the computer Local Disk C drive (not the external hard drive) and importing the source video from the hard drive into the problem project?

What is the video compression and file extension of a specific video file that is involved....MPEG2.vob or other?

Thanks.

ATR

Add On....Not sure if this is going to factor in, but....have you checked the problem with and without the antivirus and firewall(s) disabled?

and also

http://www.elementsvillage.com/forums/showthread.php?t=73434

• 4. Re: Premiere Non responsive
                Dougy Level 1

Thanks. It's working again. I deleted the non responsive imported video, deleted premiere prefs file, and cleaned media cache.

• 5. Re: Premiere Non responsive
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

Dougy

Thanks for the follow up with the great news detailing what worked for you to get rid of your Premiere Elements non responsive workflow issue. Great news. Great job.

Please do not hesitate to ask if you have any further questions on this or other Premiere Elements workflow issues.

Best wishes moving forward with your Premiere Elements projects.

ATR