14 Replies Latest reply on Apr 15, 2015 1:25 PM by A.T. Romano

AVI Export in Full HD-Auflösung in Premiere Elements 10 PC nicht möglich

friedemannt16783045

Ich verwende Premiere Elements 10 auf PC und habe ein Video Projekt in Full HD (1920*1080) erstellt,

dass ich in bestmöglicher Qualität exportieren möchte, um es mit Soerenson Squeeze zu komprimieren.

Der AVI Export lässt bei mir jedoch keine Full-HD-Auflösung zu. Das File wird per Werkseinstellung auf 720*576 reduziert.

Es erlaubt keinen Zugriff auf die manuelle Skalierung.

Was tun?

Mit welcher Einstellung kann ich in Full HD und unkomprimiertem Audio exportieren?

Vielen Dank

• 1. Re: AVI Export in Full HD-Auflösung in Premiere Elements 10 PC nicht möglich
          A.T. Romano Level 7

friedemannt1

What is the source of your Sorenson compression in the Share section of Premiere Elements 10 Windows?

Please explore customizing the Adobe default preset under the Advanced Button/Video Tab and Audio Tab of the preset selected.

Example...

Computer

QuickTime

with Presets = NTSC DV 16:9

Then click on the Advanced Button and then...

Video Tab

QTCustomized.JPG

This should give you a 1920 x 1080 @ 25 progressive frames per second video that uses Sorenson video compression with the .mov wrapper/container file extenstion.

Then click on the Advanced Button and then

Audio Tab

Audio10.JPG

That should give you your uncompressed audio.

Please review and consider and then supply more details if you need alternative and/or supplemental information.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: AVI Export in Full HD-Auflösung in Premiere Elements 10 PC nicht möglich
            friedemannt16783045 Level 1

Hi ATR,

thank you for your advice.

I´m just testing your setup but it serves actually not completely my

purpose.

My aim is to export one AVI format with an as good as possible

resolution to serve as a master file to be subsequently

compressed with the Soerenson Squeeze Pro to various different

distribution formats.

I need to do it with the Soerenson Squeeze as I get the presets from my

distributors so that I can deliver different output

to the particular distributors.

The problem is that premiere elements does not offer individualized

pixel size within the AVI export option.

I have now purchased Premiere Pro (within CC), trying to open the

Element projects in Premiere Pro.

Unfortunately it does not work. Just the source files are imported but

not the actual movie project with the time line

so that I would have to start from scratch which is no option at all as

I´m done with a 1h:30min tutorial.

If you have advice on the AVI export of Elements or how to import the

full project with Premiere Pro you would make me happy.

Thanx

Friedemann

Am 12.04.2015 um 20:11 schrieb A.T. Romano:

>

AVI Export in Full HD-Auflösung in Premiere Elements 10 PC nicht

möglich

created by A.T. Romano <https://forums.adobe.com/people/A.T.+Romano>

in /Premiere Elements/ - View the full discussion

<https://forums.adobe.com/message/7431323#7431323>

• 3. Re: AVI Export in Full HD-Auflösung in Premiere Elements 10 PC nicht möglich
              A.T. Romano Level 7

friedemannt1

Thank you for the reply.

If you have Premiere Elements 10 Windows project file, you should be able to open that in Premiere CC (Windows) according to the Premiere CC Import Supported Format document

https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/using/supported-file-formats.html

This is a Windows only possibility according to the document.

You wrote

The problem is that premiere elements does not offer individualized

pixel size within the AVI export option.

When you find that, what is the video codec that you have selected under the Advanced Button/Video Tab of the .AVI preset that you have selected? As I pointed out in post 1, you can get a

Sorenson Video.avi  (1920 x 1080 @ 25 progressive frames per second) exported from Premiere Elements 10, using

Computer

AVI

with Presets = Microsoft AVI and then, under the Advanced Button/Video Tab, customize that preset for the Sorenson Video.avi export which is 1920 x 1080 @ 25 progressive frames per second.

Please review and consider my post 1 details again.

Thank you.

ATR

• 4. Re: AVI Export in Full HD-Auflösung in Premiere Elements 10 PC nicht möglich

Hi ATR,

thanks again.

Regarding Premiere Pro Import from P Element:

Theoretically you are right. I know that it is supposed to work.

But I get this message when open an element project with Premiere Pro:

Import problem message.PNG

The result that just the references are imported but no project with a timeline etc.

This is actually a mess because I have started to work with Elements relying on the fact that this is supposed to work.

The AVI export problem:

Export AVI problem.jpg

As you can see Soerenson is just available within Quicktime export options.

The image shows the available options for AVI export.

I hve almost tried all options.

There is no pixel size available for the DV options.

Most of the other options create bad results.

I give Microsoft Video 1 a chance now.

If you have a recommendation for the best AVI setting please advise.

I have already wasted 2 days on that and crashed a release date which cost me dollars each day.

Thanks for your help.

Friedemann

• 5. Re: AVI Export in Full HD-Auflösung in Premiere Elements 10 PC nicht möglich
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

friedemannt

Thanks for the reply.

From what you wrote, I was not sure if you had somehow imported a Sorenson codec so that it appeared in your choice of AVI video codec under the Advanced Button of the Microsoft AVI preset for Publish+Share/Computer/AVI. But, I could not find anywhere Sorenson codec with the .avi container.

If you want Publish+Share/Computer/AVI alternative export, please consider: Lagarith Lossless Codec.AVI.

Download and install of the Lagarith Lossless video codec. Then it will appear in the list of video codecs available under the Advanced Button/Video Tab of the Microsoft AVI preset.

As for the Premiere Elements 10 project file opening in Premiere CC, I do not have Premiere CC to test that. I am not sure if we are dealing with outdated Premiere Elements 10 components in CC. You could post that CC message in the Adobe Premiere Pro Forum to get some input from the users there.

Premiere Pro CC

But, maybe the Lagarith Lossless.AVI export from Premiere Elements 10 will work for you.

We will be watching for further developments.

Thank you.

ATR

• 6. Re: AVI Export in Full HD-Auflösung in Premiere Elements 10 PC nicht möglich

Lagarith saved my life :-)

Thanks for the hint.

BTW: Why the heck isn´t that codec there default?

• 7. Re: AVI Export in Full HD-Auflösung in Premiere Elements 10 PC nicht möglich
                      A.T. Romano Level 7

friedemannt

Wonderful news. Glad the Lagarith Lossless codec is working for your video editing goals. Great job of follow through. That codec get good comments from users of Premiere Elements with the AVI export.

You wrote

Why the heck isn´t that codec there default?

I do not have any information on that. You could consider filing an Adobe Feature Request Bug Report Forum to encourage that choice.

https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform

We are very pleased with your progress.

Best wishes

ATR

• 8. Re: AVI Export in Full HD-Auflösung in Premiere Elements 10 PC nicht möglich

Hi ATR,

I´ve got another strange challenge for you

After being happy about the good export option I have rendered a few

chapters successfully.

All of the sudden one chapter came up (rendered with exactly the same

settings) where the Camtasia screen capturing

is shaking like hell. It looks like half image problems but I checked

all various options with no success.

I checked the original Camtasia AVI file and played it alone. It´s

perfect still and sharp. Same resolution (Full HD), same everything.

I really have checked all options like Progessive, upper first, lower

first (possibly the wrong translation, I use the German version),

maximum bit depth.

I even have checked if I have done some treatments with the Camtasia AVI

file, but I haven´t.

The bad rendering has actually good results on my GoPro FullHD videos

which I have merged together (PiP).

I have done the same things with the other chapters which are fine.

Any clue?

Friedemann

Am 13.04.2015 um 20:38 schrieb A.T. Romano:

>

möglich

<https://forums.adobe.com/message/7434526#7434526>

• 9. Re: AVI Export in Full HD-Auflösung in Premiere Elements 10 PC nicht möglich

I have actually exported 13 from 14 chapters successfully.

Now I made some trials to get closer to the problem of my shaky capturing export of just the one chapter and I found out something very interesting:

I have pulled the same video capturing clip from the project media bay and placed it at the end of the project: works fine and exports fine.

As soon as I just apply a cut on the video the video starts to shake: independent of the track and independent if with audio or detached or erased audio.

I have used exactly the same source files for the other chapters (which are cut too into pieces) and they work fine.

Is there a key command I could have hit by accident which have changed the setting of the project to something weird?

I am happy to receive any recommendations to solve it.

By the way: I have sequently erased various other content from the other tracks to see if something interferes without any results.

So basically cutting causes the problem.

• 10. Re: AVI Export in Full HD-Auflösung in Premiere Elements 10 PC nicht möglich
                            A.T. Romano Level 7

friedemannt

From what you wrote, I am understanding that only one of your Premiere Elements 10 Lagarith Lossless.AVI exports plays back with extreme shake. From our discussions, this video, like the rest, should be 1920 x 1080 @ 25 progressive frames per second with Pixel Aspect Ratio = 1.0.

1. If you have not already, make sure of the export description, just before you hit the Save button. You should see

LCodec.JPG

And, under the Advanced Button/Video Tab of the preset which I have renamed "Lagarith Lossless", please check each of the fields to make sure that one was not overlooked.

Lag2.JPG

The Width = 1920 and the Height = 1080 (it does not show up too well in the screenshot).

Underneath the Video Codec = Lagarith Lossless, there is a Codec Settings button. I have never used that. Could you have changed anything under that button?

Lag3.JPG

Regarding the matter of the no shaky video depending on where you place the clip on the Timeline....are video transitions involved with this clip and, if so, what is the transition situation when the clip is or is not at the end of the Timeline? If you are using video transitions, what is the duration of the video transition as it relates to the duration of the clip(s)? Which video transitions, if video transitions are involved?

ATR

• 11. Re: AVI Export in Full HD-Auflösung in Premiere Elements 10 PC nicht möglich

Hi ATR,

certainly I have double checked the settings everytime and they are identical. This actually does not matter at all because the capturing video starts already shaking within the project.

The shakyness is completely independent from transitions. As mentioned before: When I put the same video clip to the end of the project everything works fine. If I just apply on single cut it stts to shake (already

in the project). There is no relatin to the track being used (all tracks show the same behaviour) and there is no relation to other clips being used as I have erased one clip after the other for test purpose to

verify if there is ankind of interferance.

I know that AVI is a bit sensitive regarding half frame problems. Is it possible that this may cause the problem because I create by accident a cut at a bad point so that the half frame handling is twisted up?

Friedemann

• 12. Re: AVI Export in Full HD-Auflösung in Premiere Elements 10 PC nicht möglich
                                A.T. Romano Level 7

Friedemann

Thanks for the verifications. Appreciated.

Let us try this.

Expand your Premiere Elements Timeline to the maximum with the -+ slider above the Timeline.

Ctrl click the Timecode above the Timeline panel (below the Edit area monitor) to change the time to frames instead of timecode.

(You can also do that using Edit Menu/Project Settings/General and change the Display Format to frames.)

Then with an arrow key move the Timeline Indicator to a specific frame and cut (scissors tool or Ctrl+K at the position of the Timeline Indicator).

Any impact on the issue of video cuts and shaky video?

ATR

• 13. Re: AVI Export in Full HD-Auflösung in Premiere Elements 10 PC nicht möglich

Hi Mr. Romano,

I solved the problem today. I tried your recommendation without any change.

I re-rendered the Camtasia file to mov with a high resolution instead of

AVI and suddenly it worked.

It actually also didn´t work with the AVI within a brand new project.

You can close the case.

Thanks for your support.

Best regards,

Friedemann

Am 14.04.2015 um 17:49 schrieb A.T. Romano:

>

möglich

<https://forums.adobe.com/message/7437638#7437638>

• 14. Re: AVI Export in Full HD-Auflösung in Premiere Elements 10 PC nicht möglich
                                    A.T. Romano Level 7

friedemannt

Thanks for the new update with the wonderful news that your video editing project issues are resolved. Great job.

Best wishes.

ATR