3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 12, 2015 11:52 PM by Mylenium

Three questions

GeauxJag1958

I am creating start graphics for a track meet and the boys list of competitors in the blue graphic window is also showing up in the red for the girls.  Second when I go to enter the girls it changes the boys. Finally I've imported all of my schools logos, which are JPEG and the meet logo is also JPEG, but when I attempt to import that logo I get a message "Unable to open selected file"  (0:1100)(5027::12)

• 1. Re: Three questions
          Jon-M-Spear Level 4

??????????

• 2. Re: Three questions
            Szalam Adobe Community Professional & MVP

GeauxJag1958 wrote:

I am creating start graphics for a track meet and the boys list of competitors in the blue graphic window is also showing up in the red for the girls. 

Okay. Not a question.

If you're asking why that's happening, we can't know without seeing your project. It's likely that something hasn't been set up properly in your composition. Are you trying to modify a template or something?

GeauxJag1958 wrote:

Second when I go to enter the girls it changes the boys.

Also not a question. And again, not something we can know, but it sounds like you're duplicating compositions on the timeline, but not in the project panel. If that's the case, duplicate the comp in the project panel. You may need to duplicate other comps and replace the boys comp with the girls comp, but again, we can't know without seeing a bit more of your project.

This is super-basic AE stuff and you will only get frustrated if you keep charging ahead without getting equipped to deal with it. Start here: Getting started with After Effects (CS4, CS5, CS5.5, CS6, & CC) | After Effects region of interest

GeauxJag1958 wrote:

Finally I've imported all of my schools logos, which are JPEG and the meet logo is also JPEG, but when I attempt to import that logo I get a message "Unable to open selected file"  (0:1100)(5027::12)

JPEGs can have many different things about them. Is this JPEG in RGB color space or CMYK or something else? It should be in RGB. Open it in Photoshop and check. If it isn't RGB, change it. If it is, save it with another name and see if the new save file imports. Or, heck, save it as a PSD.

• 3. Re: Three questions
              Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

what the others said - you have not explained anything nor provided any useful info and are just throwing random thought fragments at us. Szalam is probably on the right track in that you have a fundamental lack even in some basics, so by all means start reading the help and watch some tutorials. For resolving any technical issues, you will have to provide proper system info, version info for AE, details about your files....

Mylenium