6 Replies Latest reply on May 15, 2006 6:39 AM by Newsgroup_User

such a stupid thing

lucita78
      hi, i am a simple user of dreamweaver. i have noticed one problem. maybe some wrong settings have been made or something.

i write a simple text in word processor and want to copy it to dreamweaver basig page. and nothing happens. but the copy and paste works in other places, programmes. i just cannot copy a simple text to the dreamweaver. i used to do it before, but now i cannot.
      what do i do wrong?
      (i got a new laptop, i used to do it on another computer)
        • 1. Re: such a stupid thing
          Level 7
          You can try this simple fix -

Quit DW.

Find this folder -

C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Application Data\Macromedia\Dreamweaver
          8\Configuration\WinFileCache-*.dat

(these folders are normally hidden - you may have to use Explorer > Tools >
          Folder Options to unhide them)

and delete it.

Restart DW. Works better?

--
          Murray --- ICQ 71997575
          Adobe Community Expert
          (If you *MUST* email me, don't LAUGH when you do so!)
          ==================
          http://www.dreamweavermx-templates.com - Template Triage!
          http://www.projectseven.com/go - DW FAQs, Tutorials & Resources
          http://www.dwfaq.com - DW FAQs, Tutorials & Resources
          http://www.macromedia.com/support/search/ - Macromedia (MM) Technotes
          ==================

"lucita78" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
          news:e3sjbk$91g$1@forums.macromedia.com...
          > hi, i am a simple user of dreamweaver. i have noticed one problem. maybe
          > some
          > wrong settings have been made or something.
          >
          > i write a simple text in word processor and want to copy it to dreamweaver
          > basig page. and nothing happens. but the copy and paste works in other
          > places,
          > programmes. i just cannot copy a simple text to the dreamweaver. i used to
          > do
          > it before, but now i cannot.
          > what do i do wrong?
          > (i got a new laptop, i used to do it on another computer)
          >

• 2. Re: such a stupid thing
            lucita78 Level 1
            hi, thanx for trying to help.

in the first case i ended at application data. nothing named like this was there. just user data, and there only some funny codes.

and the second one: u meant internet explorer? i tried tools, but there are only internet options on the bottom, and with firefox just options. and there general, privacy, content and so on...

i said, i am simple, i dont know much about it.

thanx for patience.

some more advice?
            • 3. Re: such a stupid thing
              Level 7

news:e3socl$f76$1@forums.macromedia.com...

> and the second one: u meant internet explorer?

No, Windows Explorer. Right click your start button->Explore.

• 4. Re: such a stupid thing
                lucita78 Level 1

i followed that exactly, and that previous instructions as well. i deleted what u said.
                i have had in copy some other piece of text, dreamweaver accepted it, ok, i was happy and tried the text i needed before. but nothing happened again...

just one note: i have dremweaver MX2004 (not sure whether there is a newer version), and tha deleted file was "file cache" not "winfile cache". i still keep it in the recycle bin.

and did u mean to restart dw and the pc as well?
                • 5. Re: such a stupid thing
                  lucita78 Level 1
                  ok, u gave up.
                  i havent had the time to do something more sinde that time. today i have. and i discovered a strange thing: i copied the text which didnt want to be copied straight to dreamweaver folder, to the word pad. (it was saved in the document created by microsoft works and the word program in that). and a miracle: the text was easily copied to the dw.

there must be something wrong with microsoft works. it looks a clever program. but probably it is not.
                  • 6. Re: such a stupid thing
                    Level 7
                    Strange.
                    I'll keep that in mind in case anybody else has the same problem. If using
                    Wordpad as a go-between works, then at least they're not stuck any more.

news:e47sr5$i6r$1@forums.macromedia.com...
                    > ok, u gave up.
                    > i havent had the time to do something more sinde that time. today i have.
                    > and
                    > i discovered a strange thing: i copied the text which didnt want to be
                    > copied
                    > straight to dreamweaver folder, to the word pad. (it was saved in the
                    > document
                    > created by microsoft works and the word program in that). and a miracle:
                    > the
                    > text was easily copied to the dw.
                    >
                    > there must be something wrong with microsoft works. it looks a clever
                    > program.
                    > but probably it is not.
                    >