2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 13, 2015 5:05 PM by Rick Gerard

Paint  layer

memo78

Hello guys

I took movie shot of our industrial press cutting steel every 5 seconds  ... There is rusty parts and i used paint brash to plaint the rusty areas.. I cannot blend the layer .. Every time new steel gets cut it passes to area I painted and  I can see the paint .. I have been looking on the settings and I cannot figure out what do I need to do to fix this issue... I just started to use Adobe Aftereffect  and I am very new to program..

Here is the example of my problem

http://www.delacosteelcorp.com/press.mp4

Can you guys help .... thank you

• 1. Re: Paint  layer
          Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

Set the paint stroke duration to current frame only or use other techniques to fix your imperfections like overlaying a clean duplicate of the layer and using animated masks.

Mylenium

• 2. Re: Paint  layer
            Rick Gerard Adobe Community Professional & MVP

With that shot I would trim the clip to one cycle then  clean up that one cycle, then render the composition to a suitable production format and loop the footage. Because of the shot is locked off and the cycle repeats there is no reason to do the same thing over and over when you can just loop one cycle.

The shot is going to be a little difficult to clean up because it is so overexposed.