2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 13, 2015 11:18 AM by stavrosd6725427

Compatibility problems from PreEle9 to PreEle12.

stavrosd6725427

I try to open PreEle9 projects with PreEle12 but I get the following notification. "The selected file cannot be linked because its type (video and audio) does not match the original file's type (video)". The truth is that all of my PreEle9 projects do not include audio (only video) but my original sony files have both audio and video. Please help, I don't want to lose such an amount of work done in PreEle9 now that I have upgraded to 12.

• 1. Re: Compatibility problems from PreEle9 to PreEle12.
          A.T. Romano Level 7

stavrosd

What computer operating system is involved with your Premiere Elements versions?

How are you opening the Premiere Elements 9 project file in 12? Are you right clicking the Premiere Elements 9 project file (.prel), selecting Open With, and then selecting Adobe Premiere Elements 12?

Where are the source files for the Premiere Elements 9 project? Is everything using the same computer?

Please give more details. If you have questions about the questions or need clarification, please do not hesitate to ask.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: Compatibility problems from PreEle9 to PreEle12.
            stavrosd6725427 Level 1

A.T. Romano

my previous system was Windows Vista Home when working with elem9 and I have upgraded to windows8.1 (64bit) now with elem12.

PreElem12 is already open and from File-Open Project I try to open the elem9 project.

The source file is in the same computer. When I am asked to choose the source .m2ts file and I get the notification "The selected ......" then I close the notification window and PreElem12 seems to insert the project correctly, in terms of trimming and video editing, but nothing else seems to work other than that.