0 Replies Latest reply on Apr 13, 2015 3:35 PM by Dakanis

EDGE ANIMATE CC // "My loop is totally random and it should not !"

Dakanis

Hello

I'm not a native english speaker, so please be gentle with me !

I'm trying for several days to make an animation loop with Edge but without success as in the end my animation is totally random and heretic when previewed in browser...

• Concept: inspired from stations and airports billboards time tables I want to use the concept of "Flipping Letters" and so write in a same location different words successively one after an other.

images.jpeg

• The realization: I first created an animation of a "block letter"  "flipping" all the alphabet on it . The "block letter" is a simple animation made of a succession of images no specific scripts used.Then I converted it into a symbol. The longest word using 9 characters, I duplicate this symbol 9 times in order to establish my words. I used the "playback" command to scroll through the letters to the ways of those famous billboards and stop the "playback" on the desired letter. So on for each word.

I made my loop with the last and the first image of the animation being the same, and I add a "Loop" tag at the beginning (Stage being in "autoplay") of my anim associated with the "play from" trigger at the end of it :

SYM.play ("loop");

Realization of the block "Letter":            Duplicates of the "block letters" symbol:                    Effect obtained and wanted:

Capture d’écran 2015-04-10 à 16.01.48.pngCapture d’écran 2015-04-10 à 16.00.02.pngCapture d’écran 2015-04-10 à 16.00.23.pngAnimation of the symbols:

Capture d’écran 2015-04-10 à 16.00.44.png

• The observation: My anim is perfectly keyed on Edge, the words will appear one after the other with no concern... yet as soon as I run it in my browser the effect preview is completely random and no word is correctly displayed. Reading Breaks (time required for the reading of the word) between scrollings are effective, but the word becomes a true gibberish (even more hefty than the Enigma machine !) :

Capture d’écran 2015-04-10 à 16.17.30.png

• Question: What did I missed? I am running out of ideas, after trying different variations of triggers, or different transitions between the end and the beginning of the anim, whatever I do the result is always random. So, I think that the error comes from my realisation or at least i'm missing something to make it work. Being a total noob in HTML or CSS I used my knowledge of After to achieve this animation. I'm having a real hard time to findmy error! HEEEELP!

Here is what gives the animation online: ANIM_DESIGNER total mess
        The Edge project is available at the root: Index of /TEST_ANIM_DESIGNER

Thanks in advance for your answers!