2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 14, 2015 8:37 AM by ENJsGma

Premiere 12 won't load media

ENJsGma

Why won't my premiere 12 add some videos from my digital camera but will load other videos from the same camera?

• 1. Re: Premiere 12 won't load media
          A.T. Romano Level 7

ENJsGma

What computer operating system?

Have you updated 12 to 12.1 using an opened project's Help Menu/Update? If not, please do so.

What is the brand/model/settings for the camera recording the video? Are the camera settings the same for the video that will and will not load into the project. Are all these videos from the same recording session or is their recording spaced over sessions and days?

How are you adding the video files to the project?

Are there error messages associated with the failure to load these video files? If so, what is the exact wording in these messages?

Let us start here and then we can decide what next?

Any questions or need clarification, please ask.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: Premiere 12 won't load media
            ENJsGma Level 1

We have Windows 8.1.  My camera puts out MTS video, but it fails with these as well as MPG video that I convert.  I've always been able to hit add media and highlight several sources and they would load for the project.  Now I'm lucky if one will load. I am adding video files to the project.  I press add media. I choose the files and folder option and then I see my videos listed.  I highlight one and the add media box showing the video loading appears.  At this point about 90 % of the time it seems to freeze and show no progress on getting the clip over.  I have walked away and given it over an hour and yet nothing loads.  I will then hit cancel.  At this time I get a message that it is not responding and the program crashes. So I begin again and try one video file at a time and it will work for a couple and then crash.  I'm caught in a perpetual cycle.  I'm not loading huge videos.  I have been adding two and three second clips.

Thanks,TLB

To: Toni Burgess <steveb93@prodigy.net>

Sent: Monday, April 13, 2015 6:53 PM

Subject:  Premiere 12 won't load media

Premiere 12 won't load media

created by A.T. Romano in Premiere Elements - View the full discussionENJsGma What computer operating system? Have you updated 12 to 12.1 using an opened project's Help Menu/Update? If not, please do so. What is the brand/model/settings for the camera recording the video? Are the camera settings the same for the video that will and will not load into the project. Are all these videos from the same recording session or is their recording spaced over sessions and days? How are you adding the video files to the project? Are there error messages associated with the failure to load these video files? If so, what is the exact wording in these messages? Let us start here and then we can decide what next? Any questions or need clarification, please ask. Thank you. ATR If the reply above answers your question, please take a moment to mark this answer as correct by visiting: https://forums.adobe.com/message/7435449#7435449 and clicking ‘Correct’ below the answer Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page: Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed an image in your message please visit the thread in the forum and click the camera icon: https://forums.adobe.com/message/7435449#7435449 To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at , click "Following" at the top right, & "Stop Following"  Start a new discussion in Premiere Elements by email or at Adobe Community For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1516624.