2 Replies Latest reply on May 11, 2006 3:13 PM by doublesharpe47

FLV Video

doublesharpe47
      I'm creating a cross-platform projector to be distributed via cd-rom. I bought flash 8 so i could use the on2 vp6 codec for the video in my projector. I downloaded the update for Director 10.1.1 with the flash 8 asset xtra, and the video is working fine. My only problem is I can't get any playback controls. I read in the flash 8 xtra addendum that it can't support the version 2 components of which the flvplayback component is a part. Is there a way of getting around this and using the flvplayback component or can I create my own playback component that will work in Director? The video is 8 min. and I need at least play/pause and hopefully scrubbing. I am fairly new to director and brand new to Flash, I don't have much experience in scripting, but I can figure it out if I need to. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
        • 1. Re: FLV Video
          askmrkelly
          Not sure about the Asset Xtra, but if you consult the Director documentation it will provide you with the Lingo for video playback. As far as the scrubbing goes, I belive there is a behavior for QuickTime Sprites which allows you to do this.
          • 2. Re: FLV Video
            doublesharpe47 Level 1
            quote:

Originally posted by: dvman2
            Not sure about the Asset Xtra, but if you consult the Director documentation it will provide you with the Lingo for video playback. As far as the scrubbing goes, I belive there is a behavior for QuickTime Sprites which allows you to do this.

I'll see about creating custom playback controls, but I'm using a swf to play flv files so i can't use the QT controls. Thanks for the response though.