3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 28, 2016 7:43 AM by fahrenz60121985

AE offsets the mask - please help

stereozzilla

Sometimes when working in AE I create a mask from a layer and AE offsets the mask of the layer beyond or away the actual mask border. This doesn't happen all the time, and I didn't notice why it happens and for what reason. I have feather and mask expansion set to 0. Can it be something with settings or is it just a glitch? Similar issue is when key framing a mask, I have to toggle feather back and forth for the layer to fill the mask. I'm attaching a simple screenshot. Screen Shot 2015-04-13 at 9.24.56 PM.pngAny help would be appreciated! Thank you!

• 1. Re: AE offsets the mask - please help
          Rick Gerard Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Just a little FYI, screenshots that do not show the properties that have been modified in the layer in question are meaningless. Nobody can tell anything about your composition or your workflow from the screenshot you provided. Select the layer or layers that are giving you problems, press the U key twice, then take a full sized screenshot and just drag it into the Reply form field on this forum then precisely describe your workflow. I have never seen a mask on a layer offset unless there was some other effect applied to the layer. Never, so there's probably something fouled up in your workflow.

• 2. Re: AE offsets the mask - please help
            Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

As Rick already pointed out, your info is insufficient. You have not provided any info about your version of AE, sytem, comp settings and so on nor any useful screenshots.

Mylenium

• 3. Re: AE offsets the mask - please help
              fahrenz60121985

disable any effects on the shot. i had the same thing happen to me. i warp stablized the shot first, which apparently offset the mask. i turned of the stablizer and everything was kosher.