Under a deadline, I printed out the index to the 350 page book to find that although the preview shows 20+ numbers attached to an entry, the index only shows 1, sometimes not even a number that is in the preview.
The book is made of 7 documents. Intro, sect 1, sect 2 etc. If I generate an index for the book it seems like most of the missing numbers are from sect 1. If I generate an index for that document only - the numbers are fine.
I've tried making a new book with the same result - as soon as I add another document, the index goes inane. As an example below - Jack Hoskins Bain - in the generated index only shows p.3. James Alexander Bain only shows 24 - yet he is not indexed on p.24.
Please, help. The fetal position is looking mighty nice about now....