1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 14, 2015 5:58 AM by dj_paige

Images saved in multiple locations on one drive

af20646102 Level 1

Hello there, i'm new to lightroom 5 and i've been trying to organize all of my images on one external drive for some time now. I have been watching videos and reading articles which suggest keeping all of my images under one catalog, which i have done. Under lightroom i have noticed i have several folders, i keep all my images in one file called 'All Images' although today i have seen another folder called 'Main Lightroom Archive.' As you can see from the image below, these folders are completely separate from one another, which is strange because i originally set the file structure to be Main Lightroom Archive/ All images.

Screen Shot 2015-04-14 at 13.30.07.png

This has caused the images which are saved on the external drive to be spread across several containing folders, this is really frustrating as i wanted all the images to be in one location with subfolders of shoot locations. as you can see from the images below, there's now a folder which contains all my subfolders within it and another which has less folders. Screen Shot 2015-04-14 at 13.34.22.png  My question is how can i make all of the images fall into one folder again, with all the subfolders?

Screen Shot 2015-04-14 at 13.34.49.png any suggestions or advice would really help, thanks, Alex.