1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 14, 2015 9:40 AM by Steve Werner

Update for CS5 compatible with new Mac Yosemite Photos Application?

dbmill

I'm using InDesign CS5. I just updated my Mac operating system to the new Yosemite (launched April 2015) and the links in my InDesign document that previously linked to iPhoto are all broken. When I try to relink them, I cannot access the new Photos app. I called Apple and determined that it's an update issue on Adobe's part and I'm concerned that there isn't going to be an update offered for CS5 since clearly the push is to get people using CC. Has anyone had this same issue?

• 1. Re: Update for CS5 compatible with new Mac Yosemite Photos Application?
          Steve Werner Adobe Community Professional & MVP

I am updated to Yosemite but in InDesign CC. I presume you mean you linked your iPhotos images using the Media > iPhotos option in your Place dialog box.

I haven't done that so I have no way to test, but even though my images have been migrated to the Photos app, the Media section of the Place dialog now shows Photos images as shown before. InDesign has nothing to do with this, so it probably won't make a difference that you're using CS5.

You'll just have to relink your images to your Photos library, probably one-by-one.

PlacePhotos.png