1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 14, 2015 1:16 PM by A.T. Romano

cannot open my project in premier element 13?

josephinez83396244

I had saved and made copies of quite a few projects...I tried to open a few today to resume editing, what was possible a little while ago is not possible now..for some that do come through only a few clips will show while the rest will be blank...any ideas why this is happening and how to retrieve all of my projects...?

• 1. Re: cannot open my project in premier element 13?
          A.T. Romano Level 7

josephinez

What computer operating system is involved with your Premiere Elements 13? Have you updated 13 to 13.1 yet using an opened project's Help Menu/Updates. If not, please do so.

Can you still open a new project whereas you cannot open the saved ones?

After you saved closed those prior existing projects did you move, delete, or rename file and folders that went into those projects after the project was saved closed? Are you getting any missing media or media offline messages, are you seeing  colorful displays if one of these projects opens partially?

Where do you store your source media for these projects? External hard drive (formatted NTFS) or other? If external hard drive in use, has the drive letter changed or has the drive malfunctioned in any other way?

Please review, consider, and then we can decide what next based on the details of your reply.

Thank you.

ATR