6 Replies Latest reply on Apr 14, 2015 2:25 PM by ssprengel

Is there any way to get lightroom 4 to recognise raw files from my 7d Mark 2?

kayleyh

I have been searching on here for a few days now, but can't seem to get my head around the answers I got a new 7D mark 2 a few weeks ago.  When I first came to download my pictures from the card I was only marginally surprised they were unreadable - I'd forgotten to format the memory card to the camera.  No big deal, I thought, merrily deleting the photos Lightroom couldn't read and formatting the card.  But now that I have formatted the card, I am kindof upset that Lightroom still cannot read the files at all.  I have downloaded the DNG converter and updated all my software, but if the files are not being read at all, how am I supposed to convert them?

What am I supposed to do? I can see the photos on the camera itself - I usually shoot in Raw and JPEG to cover myself, but this time Lightroom isn't reading either format.  If I shoot purely in JPEG I can download them without problem, but together (jpeg and raw) I can't see either.

Tech wise I have a hp laptop, 4GB RAM, 2tb hd (separate), Windows 7 64-bit os, Lightroom 4 and Photoshop Elements 12.

Help me please?

Thanks