• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Does highlighting get automatically saved?

New Here ,
Apr 14, 2015 Apr 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just finished reading a few documents using Adobe Digital Editions, and added lots of highlighting.  I don't see any way to save my highlighted version of the document.  Will Adobe Digital Editions automatically save my highlighted version, even if I close the document and the program?  Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 14, 2015 Apr 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

When you add a highlight on any book using Adobe Digital Editions, it automatically gets saved on your machine. You will be able to see your highlights even if you close document or program.

But, if you transfer the book to any other device or machine, highlights will not be reflected.

As far as you are on a same machine/device, highlights will be saved.

Thanks !!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 30, 2022 Jun 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I disagree. I've lost all my highlights and notes, and the community forum shows that countless other people have also inexplicatbly lost all their work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 23, 2022 Aug 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

same here, i am having zero luck with digital editions saving highlights/bookmarks when i close and open a loaned library ebook on the same machine. any help would be much appreciated. using version 4.5.10.185749 on MacOS 12.5.1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines