4 Replies Latest reply on Apr 16, 2015 5:50 AM by Steve Werner

Acrobat DC on ipad

kdg411

Where are the tools located when editing an existing pdf in Acrobat DC?

• 1. Re: Acrobat DC on ipad
          Steve Werner Adobe Community Professional & MVP

This document will help you find your editing tools:

How to manage files in Acrobat DC for iOS

• 2. Re: Acrobat DC on ipad
            MobileDeveloperCK Adobe Employee

Hi Kristi,

Would you provide more information about what you are trying to do?

"editing an existing pdf" - Are you trying to (a) add comments/annotations (Sticky Notes, Highlight, Freehand Drawing, etc.) or fill out a form or (b) delete, rename, duplicate, or move a PDF file?

• 3. Re: Acrobat DC on ipad
              kdg411 Level 1

image.jpg

SInce I'm a visual thinker let me show you what I'm trying to do. The screen shot above is from the desktop client running Win 7 64 bit OS. The panel on the right of the image shows 'tools' that make editing a pdf invaluable plus the header/footer functions.

As a comparison with the ipad, see the screen shot below.

image.jpg

Where are those editing features on the ipad? As well as the bookmark panel, I haven't seen that feature on ipad either.

does this help explain what I'm trying to do? The desktop client functions efficiently and the ipad app is failing to impress. I find myself just going to a web browser on the ipad and logging into the document cloud. Any thoughts or suggestions?

• 4. Re: Acrobat DC on ipad
                Steve Werner Adobe Community Professional & MVP

You're only going to be able to do limited editing on an iPad, sorry. It's not as capable an operating systems. You can only do limited selections and edits. Would probably work only for very simple edits.

You'll need to go to the desktop/laptop for what you're looking for.