5 Replies Latest reply on Aug 12, 2017 10:12 PM by adamd71007402

After Effects isn't rendering dissolve effect

keithaggies2019

I'm working on a Harry Potter themed slideshow for class, and I decided to use After Effects so I could emulate the look and feel of the Marauder's Map from the movies. When I am transitioning between pictures, I using a block dissolve effect to fade it out over 1/2 second and another dissolve effect to fade the picture in over the next 1/2 second. It works great in the RAM preview, but every time I try to render it, the effect is not rendered. Instead, the picture remains constant over the time it is supposed to be fading out and then switches immediately to the next picture when it is time to fade the new one in. I have been trying different render settings and output module settings for about an hour and I can't seem to get it to work. I've looked on other threads and made sure that I am rendering effects in the render settings (all other effects work fine) and that I have OpenGL Renderer turned off.

Software: Adobe After Effects CS4

System Specs:

Composition Settings:

Render Settings:

Output Module Settings (most recent attempt):

Thank you so much for helping me out with this. If you need any more info or screenshots, just let me know and I'll be happy to provide them.