• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to display the over exposed areas in red ?

Explorer ,
Apr 15, 2015 Apr 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

When I edit in Raw using Adobe Bridge, I was able to see the over-exposed area in RED. Then I will know these areas in red are over-exposed and I get use the slider to tone down the highlights and the red color dissappear.

But when I edit in raw using Lightroom 5, there are no areas shown in red. If fact the over-exposed areas are not shown in red.  

How do I make Lightroom 5 show all these over-exposed areas in red ?

Thank you very much

Cheers

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Apr 15, 2015 Apr 15, 2015

In Develop, click on the icon at the top right of the histogram (see image below) for highlight clipping.

You can also use the icon top left for shadow clipping.

Clipping.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Develop, click on the icon at the top right of the histogram (see image below) for highlight clipping.

You can also use the icon top left for shadow clipping.

Clipping.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks 99jon, mhoffman2001 and JimHess for the tips and solution ... you guys have been great ... cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

‌ The red highlights warning can be displayed by clicking the small triangle in the upper right corner of the histogram. This is a toggle that turns highlight warnings on and off. Similarly, the blue shadows warning can be enabled and disabled by clicking the triangle in the upper left corner of the histogram.

You can also show these warnings temporarily by simply hovering your cursor over the triangles; and you can see just the warning areas while you make adjustments by pressing Alt (Windows) or Opt (Mac) as you drag the sliders. Exposure, White, and Highlights warnings will show as red on a white background, while shadows warnings are shown as blue on black background.

The Alt-drag of sliders is als useful in that you can see color channel clipping as well.

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Or you can activate/deactivate both the highlight and the shadow clipping indicators simultaneously by pressing the J key.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines