6 Replies Latest reply on Apr 15, 2015 4:18 PM by Peter Salicath

How do you contact Adobe about a faulty program?

Peter Salicath

The word support is everywhere, but this system is cleverly designed to send you round in endless circles without getting any support, or even the possibility of writing a mail. I Wonder why support is reported to be so busy, since it is impossible to get in contact with it. Same thing applies to the phonelines: Endless press-buttons roundabouts without human contact. The rest of my life is too short for this, so I think I'll start using Canons DPP4 instead and drop LR alltogether. Thanks to 99jon for trying to help.

[ Private information removed by moderator ]

• 1. Re: How do you contact Adobe about a faulty program?
          Geoff the kiwi Adobe Community Professional & MVP

What is your problem?? The application while not perfect is certainly not faulty....

• 2. Re: How do you contact Adobe about a faulty program?
            JimHess Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Here is the other discussion, Geoff. Maybe you can figure out what is happening.

No smart previews built ?

• 3. Re: How do you contact Adobe about a faulty program?
              Peter Salicath Level 1

The problem is: Since just after April 1st the program claimed to have built previews when importing, but the progression bar top left wasn't moving, and I can only see blank frames in the gridview. In develop an image comes up when clicking it in the overview bar below and can be worked on, but no more than 3-4 are visible at the same time.. If you click the following images, the previous ones disappear. As adviced by 99jon I have discarded all previews, because the program, when updating catalog, says "error when reading preview cache", can't finish the update and stops answering after a short while. After discarding previews and reimporting one of the faulty files the progress bar top left now says "fetching initial previews", but only does so when going to develop and slowly clicking one (blank) frame after the other. Even after claiming to have imported all files in the folder, still only 3 or 4 are visible in the bar, but all can be called individually. I have updated to 5.7.1. yesterday with no effect.

Thanks for taking an interest. I wrote as I did because it pissed me off  spending so much time  looking for the customer service, they write so much about, but doesn't exist, because you are returned to the same starting point again and again and get nowhere.

• 4. Re: How do you contact Adobe about a faulty program?
                Peter Salicath Level 1

After not only discarding previews via the library menu, but deleting the folders for them as suggested by 99jon I was pleased to write as follows to him:

"I have now found the files you name above, deleted both preview- and smart preview, rebuilt smart previews for the lot (around 6000) and reimported. It works!   Thanks a lot.

Peter"

Good for Adobe to have people like you around. You seem to be their only "customer care" in real life....

• 5. Re: How do you contact Adobe about a faulty program?
                  Geoff the kiwi Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Alls well that ends well...

Thanks all for helping out...

Peter, we are all users like you who find helping each other a great way to learn!! The apps are so complicated with so many nuances Adobe could never provide 100% support so this system of users helping other users harnesses a much wider information source than would otherwise be possible.

• 6. Re: How do you contact Adobe about a faulty program?
                    Peter Salicath Level 1

You may be right, but not being a regular user I didn't know what to expect. In an Adobe survey that just popped up, I adviced them to tell you right away, that forums is your option, and not pretend a customer care system you can't really get in contact with.