Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH5 Availability / permissions / RH6 and JavaHelp

Explorer ,
Jan 16, 2007 Jan 16, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey everyone,

Does anyone know if we can still get version 5 anywhere or as of today is only version 6 available? If it's 6 only, then I'll have to think twice about purchasing any new licenses for a while, since we have 12 copies of version 5.

Also, does anyone know if they've improved things when it comes to permissions for installing RoboHelp 6? The current installation model gives our support department fits because not many people have local box admin rights and they're not supposed to give them to users outside of their department.

Lastly, have they improved things with regards to RoboHelp and JavaHelp 2.0? With version 5, I recently needed to reinstall my copy, install all of the necessary Java runtime and JavaHelp components, create variables, and finally point RoboHelp to the correct JavaHelp folder to build a JavaHelp project, BUT I still needed to make registry edits based on a screenshot I got from RH support a few years ago. With a previous installation of x5, I don't remember needing to make any registry edits.

Thanks,
Jim

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know about finding X5, sure some retailers will have sets but whether or not they are allowed to sell them is another issue.

This may help on the installation front. http://www.adobe.com/devnet/robohelp/
Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Sorry, wrong link.

http://www.adobe.com/devnet/robohelp/articles/get_started.html

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp