3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 23, 2015 12:46 PM by guillermod89423597

When signing a document with Acrobat X...

guillermod89423597

How do I get rid of the "Standard Text" option on the Appearance drop down menu?

I just want to have 1 (one, uno, ein) signature in the drop down menu.

I have searched thousands of entries and still I'm unable to ELIMINATE the standard text that seems to come back every time I open the program!!!!!

Help me , please.......

• 1. Re: When signing a document with Acrobat X...
          guillermod89423597 Level 1

Forgot to add one thing: when I go to Edit>Preferences>Signatures>Digital Signatures>More>Appearances I only see ONE (1) signature in the field, which is the one I need to be able to use as default for all this user's documents.

• 2. Re: When signing a document with Acrobat X...
            IsakTen Level 4

"Standard Text" is the default appearance that Acrobat uses; it is not shown in the list of custom appearances but it is always available in the "Sign" dialog. When the "Sign"dialog is launched, it always shows the appearance that was used when the last signature was signed. Once a signature is created, its appearance becomes a part of the signature and cannot be changed.

When you click on the "Appearance" field in the "Sign" dialog you get the drop-down list with all your appearances (including the "Standard Text"). You can select the one you want (e.g. your appearance) and it will be used for this signature. The next time you "Sign" the "Appearance" filed will show you the name of the appearance (your appearance) which you used in the previous signing.

• 3. Re: When signing a document with Acrobat X...
              guillermod89423597 Level 1

Ok I see what you're saying, however, I can't click on place signature and use  the drop down triangle option . It's not there. Is there a way to make that option available? to be able to change or clear the saved signature?