3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 16, 2015 11:36 AM by A.T. Romano

Elements Premier 13 - Text not typing on title slides

Laup1967

I cannot fathom why I cannot type text on a movie title screen, I can get into the monitor screen and delete text, but other than the spacebar none of the characters I type appear.

• 1. Re: Elements Premier 13 - Text not typing on title slides
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Laup1967

What computer operating system?

Are you a new user to Premiere Elements and Premiere Elements 13/13.1 in particular? Since I do not know if you are or not, please excuse the introductory questions.

1. Are you in the opened Titler/Text Section of the program when you use the Type Tool? Did you get there using Text Menu/New Text/Default Text? Or, did you get there via Titles & Text Tab/General and Default Text? Have you done successful titles in the Titler before but just not th

Please review the following Adobe document on creating titles

https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-elements/using/creating-trimming-titles.html

and, if necessary, I will offer some how to with screenshots for further details.

Also, look at the Adobe TV video tutorial on titles

Adding titles | Learn Premiere Elements | Adobe TV

If you are an experienced video editor with the program, then delete the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file and, if necessary, the 13.0 Folder in which it exists. I will give you the path for doing that once I know what computer operating system you are using.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: Elements Premier 13 - Text not typing on title slides
            Laup1967 Level 1

Thanks for the reply, I'm using an iMac operating Yosemite 10.10.3

I'm simply dragging and dropping a title slide to the start of a movie and then clicking on the text box which appears, the characters can be deleted and spaced inserted but when typing characters nothing appears, it should be very simple and I can't understand why some keyboard instructions (space, delete) work but characters don't.

I'll review your suggestions, thanks.

• 3. Re: Elements Premier 13 - Text not typing on title slides
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Laup1967

We will be watching for your results from the prior suggestions.

If none of them change the situation, please delete the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs. For Mac, I believe the path to it is

Users\Owner\Libraries\Application Support\Adobe\Premiere Elements\13.0

Thanks.

ATR