9 Replies Latest reply on Apr 17, 2015 8:58 AM by Dave LaRonde

Stroke Did Not Export

Eddie Faggioli1

You can see the yellow stroke did not export on the following screen shot.  What should I do?

Screen Shot 2015-04-15 at 7.13.24 PM.png

Screen Shot 2015-04-15 at 7.14.06 PM.png

• 1. Re: Stroke Did Not Export
          Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

How is the stroke generated? It's definitely not on the text itself, so you must be using some effect or layer style...

Mylenium

• 2. Re: Stroke Did Not Export
            Rick Gerard Adobe Community Professional & MVP

What Stroke? I see a mask path but your screenshot does not reveal anything about your comp but a couple of opacity keyframes on a white solid which is placed above a text layer. Try sending another screenshot showing the modified properties of all layers in question by selecting the layers and pressing the U key twice. You also need to better explain what you are trying to accomplish.

• 3. Re: Stroke Did Not Export
              Eddie Faggioli1 Level 1

I tried to show the whole composition below with the stroke:

Screen Shot 2015-04-16 at 12.33.29 PM.png

• 4. Re: Stroke Did Not Export
                Dave LaRonde Level 6

Are you using the Stroke Effect on the white solid?  Where's the Mask path the Stroke effect needs to use?  Are we looking at the Stroke before, during, or after animation?

Are you adding a stroke to a Text Layer?  I see a stroke width of 1, which is pretty darned thin.  What are the other settings in the character pane?

And 1280x800 is a pretty oddball composition size; normally it would be 1280x720.  What are you delivering when the project's done?

It seems like you're not really sure what you're doing.

• 5. Re: Stroke Did Not Export
                  Eddie Faggioli1 Level 1

I was meaning for the background of this to be clear after the export.  I animated some text and I want it to ride on top of a video I made through my computers webcam.  The size of this composition is the size of my webcam's recording.  You are looking at the stroke after it appeared in the animation.  The stroke opacity goes from 0 - 100% and you're looking at it after it reached 100% in the first and third screen shots.  I don't understand why I can see the stroke in the composition (First picture) and not after it was exported (Second picture).

I was adding a stroke to a text layer.  I do not know what the character pane is.  I'm not sure how to answer the second question because I'm not sure what the mask path is.

• 6. Re: Stroke Did Not Export
                    Eddie Faggioli1 Level 1

Nothing was added to the character pane.  It was added below in the composition and animated to fade in.

• 7. Re: Stroke Did Not Export
                      Rick Gerard Adobe Community Professional & MVP

You have a Layer Style applied to your text layer, you do not have the Stroke effect applied to anything. If your intention is to add a line to your composition that points to something then you are going about it all wrong. You either have to add a shape layer using a stroke or add a mask path and the Stroke Effect. I'm not sure where the white came from. Is that the Composition background color? The path that is shown, now that I look closely at it, is a motion path for the Text Layer named "and More."

The long and short of it is that I have no idea what you are trying to do or what is going on in your composition. How about a flow chart?

• 8. Re: Stroke Did Not Export
                        Eddie Faggioli1 Level 1

For the purposes of this thread, all I wanted is for a gold stroke to fade in on the letters "and more". I'm sure this information already exists.  Is there a link you can send me with the steps already on it?

• 9. Re: Stroke Did Not Export
                          Dave LaRonde Level 6

There really isn't a link because it's so simple to do.

Make a text layer: fill only, no stroke.  Duplicate it.

Change the lower text layer's character settings to stroke only, no fill.

Animate the lower text layer's opacity as desired.

Done.