11 Replies Latest reply on Apr 19, 2015 12:24 PM by annemiekw13191662

Adobe Camera Raw program doesnt want to work.

annemiekw13191662

I have used Camera raw previously and now that I have to use it via the internet and pay a subscription it wont enable?

I bought the CS6 program last year and used it fine, then I needed Premiere pro for my studies so hence having to get the whole package and being charged a monthly fee.

My RAW comes up with a message that sais "Camera Raw editing requires that a qualifying product has been launched at least once to enable this feature."

Any help would be awesome as I cant do anything now. Grrrr

• 1. Re: Adobe Camera Raw program doesnt want to work.
          Level 5

That error message usually means you need to launch Photoshop at least once and open a raw file in ACR through Photoshop.

Due to the current unavailability of clairvoyants and mind-readers in the forum, we respectfully request you supply sensible, complete details.

A lot more information about your hardware and software is needed.

BOILERPLATE TEXT:

If you give complete and detailed information about your setup and the issue at hand,

such as your platform (Mac or Win),

exact versions of your OS, of Photoshop (not just "CC", but something like CC2014.v.2.2) and of Bridge,

your settings in Photoshop > Preference > Performance

the type of file you were working on,

machine specs, such as total installed RAM, scratch file HDs, total available HD space, video card specs, including total VRAM installed,

what troubleshooting steps you have taken so far,

what error message(s) you receive,

if having issues opening raw files also the exact camera make and model that generated them,

if you're having printing issues, indicate the exact make and model of your printer, paper size, image dimensions in pixels (so many pixels wide by so many pixels high). if going through a RIP, specify that too.

a screen shot of your settings or of the image could be very helpful too,

etc.,

someone may be able to help you (not necessarily this poster, who is not a Windows user).

Please read this FAQ for advice on how to ask your questions correctly for quicker and better answers:

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/419981?tstart=0

Thanks!

• 2. Re: Adobe Camera Raw program doesnt want to work.
            annemiekw13191662 Level 1

Thank you for that information. I am not a computer nerd and not know all the specifications of this computer.

I do know it is a MAC OSX version 10.9.5, processor 2.7 intel core i5

4gb 1333mhz ddr3

I have adobe CS6 that includes PS BR LR Fl FW DW PR

all of which I do not know much about.

I use Photoshop and Camera Raw in my studies. Now I work with Premiere pro because of film editing etc

I tried opening PS and take a file in from there as you suggested.. it worked fine but it did not go into the camera raw editing program.

Thanks for your suggestion.

• 3. Re: Adobe Camera Raw program doesnt want to work.
              JimHess Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Have you installed Photoshop CC 2014 and tried it?

• 4. Re: Adobe Camera Raw program doesnt want to work.

Hi Jimhess

No I have updated all my adobe cs6 from the update centre on my Mac. Photoshop was updated 20 days ago.

• 5. Re: Adobe Camera Raw program doesnt want to work.
                  JimHess Adobe Community Professional & MVP

I don't understand why you have subscribed to the creative cloud and yet you are still using Photoshop CS6. There are updated versions of all programs in the subscription plan. I suggest that you install Photoshop CC 2014 and see if that solves your problem.

• 6. Re: Adobe Camera Raw program doesnt want to work.

Hi

I subscribed (unfortunately) because my study required a editing program which I did not have in my package..darn it. premiere pro. Hence the double trouble. I would have preferred to keep it as I had it. Alas adobe backed us all into a package that suits them better than us. I am not sure why I should re install an older version of CS6?

• 7. Re: Adobe Camera Raw program doesnt want to work.
                      ssprengel Adobe Community Professional & MVP

So you have the Student CC 2014 subscription (after uninstalling your CS6 that didn't include Premier Pro) and cannot open a raw photo from Bridge to some other CC program, because Bridge says it is not licensed?

I read above that "I tried opening PS and take a file in from there as you suggested.. it worked fine but it did not go into the camera raw editing program."

You still need top complete this step, with a RAW file, not a JPG or other non-raw image.  If you open a raw file in PS it WILL open the ACR plug-in.  By raw file I mean a CR2 or NEF or RAF or ARW or whatever extension the raw files from your camera use.

• 8. Re: Adobe Camera Raw program doesnt want to work.

Hi ssprengel

Yes I have done the add a raw file into photoshop. and my BRIDGE allowed me to edit the file. However I went back into bridge to get other pics and nope... same license message.

Camera Raw editing is not enabled.

Camera Raw editing requires that a qualifying product has been launched at least once to enable this feature.

Im stumped

• 9. Re: Adobe Camera Raw program doesnt want to work.
                          Level 5

annemiekw13191662 wrote:

…Yes I have done the add a raw file into photoshop

Sorry, I have no clue what you're trying to say there. 

You don't "add a raw file" to Photoshop, or to Bridge either.

annemiekw13191662 wrote:

…and my BRIDGE allowed me to edit the file. However I went back into bridge to get other pics and nope... same license message.

Camera Raw editing is not enabled.

Camera Raw editing requires that a qualifying product has been launched at least once to enable this feature.

Im stumped

Bridge doesn't open, "edit", manipulate or save files.  Bridge is just a file browser that hands the file over to whatever application is appropriate, whether that be Photoshop, Adobe Camera Raw, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe InDesign, or even MS Word.

Still puzzled by your posts.

• 10. Re: Adobe Camera Raw program doesnt want to work.

Sorry im so dumb at this technical stuff.

I just want to edit my photos first in Adobe raw. but im thinking that CS6 and CC are 2 different programs. so I deleted BR CC and trying to locate a CS6 Bridge.

• 11. Re: Adobe Camera Raw program doesnt want to work.

Hi

I finally fixed the problem. This was the problem if any one else has it in future.

My account email to icloud and adobe CC was not working because there was a "G" missing on my email adress. So they took money of my credit card monthly and I could not access the products because the email was incorrect.

I spoke with a CHAT person in adobe who had advised me that I had not an account with my email address. This was confilicting with my products. I did have a an adobe ID, and they could email me and take money from my account,

but they could not give me the product.

Results-- Open a new account, pay the subcription. Adobe refunded my 2 months of unused services. IT WORKS!!!

Thank GOD