3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 16, 2015 1:40 PM by SFS-DPS

Indesign crash after edits made to incopy link.

SFS-DPS Level 1

10.2.0.6_Indesign; 10.0.0.70_InCopy.

I have a multi-page project saved to a shared server. Each text frame or story has anchored images and captions inline and custom anchored.

Editor makes text edits using incopy. then I try to open and update incopy links in idesign and it crashes???

Please help we are on a hard deadline and need a work around that does not include redoing all edits.

Many thanks.

• 1. Re: Indesign crash after edits made to incopy link.
          SFS-DPS Level 1

Ok looks like I have isolated the issue to custom anchored objects in text threads. If I remove the custom anchors the incopy story checks in/out and updates just fine.

Inline anchors do not seem to create this problem.

Shared server not a factor. Issue remains when files are located on desktop and I myself make edits on in-copy and try to update link in in design locally

Is this a known issue???

When I export my doc to 508 pdf this will be an issue. My images will not appear in order within the story. Other then that I can live with it for print output.

• 2. Re: Indesign crash after edits made to incopy link.
            SFS-DPS Level 1

I have reduced the elements down to one page. If I copy those elements to a new document problem goes away. Same styles applied. What does this tell me?

• 3. Re: Indesign crash after edits made to incopy link.
              SFS-DPS Level 1

In this first image you will see a image box anchored in a text box with no image placed in the image box. The text box has a story link. Open in in incopy edit; then update links in indesign works fine. Then in second image you will see an image has been placed in the anchored box. Edit story in incopy and update in indesign and crash....Anyone know whats happening here???

Screen Shot 2015-04-16 at 4.36.43 PM.png