Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Do I need someone to host Domain

Community Beginner ,
Apr 16, 2015 Apr 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We are thinking of using BC to host our company website, do I need someone to host the Domain or do I just purchase a domain and point BC site to it using BC system?

I'm new to this side of Web Development, previously just done creative design and handed over to someone else.

TOPICS
Going live

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 16, 2015 Apr 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to get a domain through your preferred Registrar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 17, 2015 Apr 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Domain has been purchased for us by the company that looks after the IT on the admin side of our business.

I run the design side of the business and we have taken the decision to run our website rather than have it done by another company.

They have told me that they host the Domain / "We host the domain, Adobe host the site, we need to change the domains DNS settings to point to Adobe hosting. They should tell you what the sites ‘WWW’ ‘A’ record should be, and I can update the domain."

When I look at the info about taking site live it seems to me that I enter info which points the site to our domain?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You will need this.

User manual

As a note - BC is not pure non coding - There will be html, Javascript and CSS skills needed to be able to achieve a variety of different things, keep that in mind.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for help Liam.

So strictly speaking we don't have to have the Domain hosted by an IT company, but just need to access the Domain Registrar Companies management tools to point domain at BC Hosting.

The main part of our site has been done in Muse with a couple of secure areas that need BC add ons ( an Asset Portal that clients can place requests and event delivery instructions

with). At the moment we are adapting an ecommerce catalog to provide this so that at year end we can produce reports of what was requested, when and by who. Coding is a bit of a mystery at the moment, but sure if we get stuck I can find a coding wizard to help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It is better that you do it, you pay the bills directly and not have someone else you have to go to to make the changes all the time if you ever need them. But you need someone who knows what they are doing. If you have emails with someone else other then where your website is and setting things up correctly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines