6 Replies Latest reply on Sep 10, 2015 3:29 PM by John T Smith

how do I create reusable titles in premier elements 13?

thomasc57104154 Level 1

how do I create reusable titles in premier elements 13?

• 1. Re: how do I create reusable titles in premier elements 13?
          A.T. Romano Level 7

thomas

Premiere Elements 13/13.1 Expert workspace

After you create your title in the Titler, close the Titler.

The tilte file will have been automatically placed on the Timeline at the position of the Timeline Indicator.

Open Project Assets, and select the thumbnail for the title file that was placed there also automatically.

With the Project Assets title thumbnail selected, go to File Menu/Export/Title in order to export your title as a prtl file saved to the computer hard drive for future use. This principle also applied to Title Templates edited in the Titler.

Please let me know if you are OK with the details. Please ask if you need clarification on the above.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: how do I create reusable titles in premier elements 13?
            firedeva Level 1

I just tried this and it worked, but I noticed that it only saves the Titler changes.  When I make other changes to a to a text clip, e.g. right clicked on it and set fade in/out feature, then that fade is not saved for reuse.  Any way to save it?

• 3. Re: how do I create reusable titles in premier elements 13?
              A.T. Romano Level 7

firedeva

Thanks for bringing to my attention the Fades that are not come through in the Duplicate of the original title file.

I can confirm that observation. It is interesting since I can add a jpeg to the title file and include a Shape from the Titler's Shape section in the Titler creation, and the thumbnail for that file in Project Assets can be duplicated, displaying with the attributes that I mentioned. Be that as it may...

1. Create your original title in the Titler. Close the Titler. To the Timeline title file, apply the Fade In Video and Fade Out Video.

2. Go to Project Assets and make your Duplicates of the original. Drag each which will have a difference name (other than Title 01) to the Timeline as needed for more title files created in the Titler.

3. These Duplicates will not have the title Fade In Fade Out. Only the original on the Timeline will.

4. Right click the original title file on the Timeline (not Project Assets thumbnail), select Copy.

5. Select all the Duplicates to which you want the Fades applied, right click anywhere in the selection, select Paste Effects and Attributes.

The above should result in your titles files having the duplication of the original Fades and each title should now have it own text not repeats for the original.

Please let me know if that worked for you.

Thanks.

ATR

• 4. Re: how do I create reusable titles in premier elements 13?
                A.T. Romano Level 7

firedeva

Something that I did not mention yet.

When you add an image to a title being created in the opened Titler (Text Menu/Add Image) and when the Titler is closed, you need to maintain the connection between the original image on the hard drive and its presence in the project's title file.

When you import the saved .prtl version (with contains the added image) into a new project, the image will appear in the title as long as the project can trace back to the original file at the hard drive save location where it was when the title was created.

ATR

• 5. Re: how do I create reusable titles in premier elements 13?
                  thomasc57104154 Level 1

Please DO NOT SEND any future emails to tlccac@charter.net

But PLEASE DO SEND any future emails to me at this Yahoo account:

TOM.CHORLEY@YAHOO.COM

• 6. Re: how do I create reusable titles in premier elements 13?
                    John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

YOU control Unwanted Email notices

Click your avatar picture near the upper right corner (slightly to the left of the pencil) and select PREFERENCES then set all Email Preferences to OFF and click Save at the bottom left

AND

Another new feature is that Jive7 is oriented toward social networking... so every time you start or reply to a message you are automatically added to a FOLLOW list... meaning you receive a notification of every subsequent message in that thread

Click the FOLLOW link at the upper right and select STOP FOLLOWING... and don't click the link again to check your status, as you will then be added to the CONNECTIONS STREAM and you will have to uncheck that option as well

And, after you post in a message thread and select Stop Following, you need to do it all over again the next time you add a reply to the same message thread, since EVERY POST adds you to the automatic Follow list