2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 17, 2015 4:52 AM by ahparks

shatter effect not showing Y frame grid

ahparks

When applying shatter effect to png the y frame grid does not appear and only the edges look like transparent bricks.  Unable to create the effect.  Any suggestions?

Thank you,

Alexandra Parks

• 1. Re: shatter effect not showing Y frame grid
          Rick Gerard Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Have you looked at any tutorials or searched the help files on Shatter. Most folks can't figure it out without going through some training. Just type Shatter in the search help field at the top right corner of AE and you'll find plenty of resources that will show you how to use the plug-in.

If Shatter works on other footage and you think that there is some other problem then select the layer with shatter on it, press the U key twice to reveal all modified properties for the layer, make sure that the problematic footage is selected in the Project Panel so we can see it's properties, take a screenshot showing everything and drag it into the Reply field on this forum so we can give you some help.

• 2. Re: shatter effect not showing Y frame grid
            ahparks Level 1

Found the answer on a tutorial.  It was a simple fix.  It was a view setting, that’s all.  Thanks for the input.  After going through the classroom in a book for After Effects another area of learning advancement is all the  video instructions that are available.  All I do is search for my topic and several videos or Adobe instructions appear.  I was not getting an answer for the shatter effect.  I knew how to apply it, but the simple fix was never mentioned.  I had to search in more depth.   Finally found it in a video on Adobe site.