• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Does Captivate content work with the new standard, Experience API (xAPI)?

Community Beginner ,
Apr 16, 2015 Apr 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have developed SCORM conformant courses, but my current customer-base does not use a Learning Management System (LMS).  The eXperience API (xAPI) tracks user experiences using a Learning Record Store (LRS) rather than an LMS.

According to Adobe marketing, Captivate 8.01 (which I have) publishes content for use with xAPI.  The Captivate help does not include any directions or assistance on xAPI.

Has anyone used Captivate products with xAPI and an LRS?  Can you point me in a direction to find out more information on this??

My fear is that this will require far more programming experience (xAPI is open source) than I have.

Thanks for any suggestions!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Mentor , Apr 16, 2015 Apr 16, 2015

You can publish the Captivate project as xAPI output by going to Edit > Preferences > Quiz > Reporting and selecting TinCan from the Standard dropdown list.

However, Captivate can only track the same elements as that of a SCORM output even with TinCan.

Sreekanth

Votes

Translate

Translate
Mentor ,
Apr 16, 2015 Apr 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can publish the Captivate project as xAPI output by going to Edit > Preferences > Quiz > Reporting and selecting TinCan from the Standard dropdown list.

However, Captivate can only track the same elements as that of a SCORM output even with TinCan.

Sreekanth

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 17, 2015 Apr 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, Sreekanth, for your quick response.

I can see that we will need to further define the customer requirements and will probably need to use multiple tools.  Some of the advantages of xAPI is tracking multiple scores and attempts.

Betty

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources