15 Replies Latest reply on Apr 18, 2015 1:15 PM by thomasc57104154

does premier elements allow publishing of audio only cds?

thomasc57104154 Level 1

Does Premiere Elements allow publishing of audio-only cds?

• 1. Re: does premier elements allow publishing of audio only cds?
          A.T. Romano Level 7

thomas

Do you really mean cds or do you mean DVDs?

Premiere Elements 13/13.1 Editor workspaces do not offer burn to CD disc.

And, specifically, Premiere Elements Editor workspaces do not offer burn to disc audio-only disc (CD, DVD, or Blu-ray).

The is an audio CD format that uses the file extension .CDA. Is that what you are seeking? You cannot create

one of these with Premiere Elements 13/13.1 Editor or Elements Organizer 13/13.1.

However, if you have an audio file in the Elements Organizer (.mp3 or .wav), I believe that you can burn that to CD disc

using Elements Organizer File Menu/"Copy/Move to Removable Drive Options". But all you will have is a data disc with audio file (mp3 or .wav) on a CD disc.

Please review and consider, and then we can discuss this further. What player did you have in mind for the playback of this audio only CD? What are the specifications of such a player?

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: does premier elements allow publishing of audio only cds?
            whsprague Level 4

thomasc57104154 wrote:

Does Premiere Elements allow publishing of audio-only cds?

There is an output choice for audio only with about 5 choices for formats, including MP3.  It's been awhile since I did it, but once you have the MP3 files on a computer, there are a variety of ways to make CDs that will play in typical CD players like you have in a car.

• 3. Re: does premier elements allow publishing of audio only cds?
              A.T. Romano Level 7

thomas

As I wrote in post 1, Premiere Elements Editor does not support use of CD disc for its burn to.

If you are looking to export an "audio only" file to save it to the computer hard drive, Premiere Elements does offer "audio only" export to file saved to the computer hard drive.

For Premiere Elements 13/13.1

Publish+Share/Computer/Audio and Presets =

AAC - High Quality

AAC - Medium Quality

AIFF 48 KHz

MP3 - High Quality

MP3 - Medium Quality

Windows Waveform

If you do use the Audio choice mentioned above, be aware that you may not see Audio in the Publish+Share/Computer list. It is at the bottom of the choices, and you need to use the thin scroll bar to the right of the list to scroll to it. Also be aware that if your TImeline contains video and audio, you do not have to remove or unlink the video from the audio  to do the Publish+Share/Computer/Audio export. It will be "audio only".

Other Publish+Share/Computer/ choices can be used as an "audio only" export by going into the Advanced Button/ settings of the preset and unchecking "Export Video" while leaving the "Export Audio" with the check mark.

But when all is said and done, none of that has your audio file put on a CD disc by Premiere Elements Editor. We need to know what audio format on CD your player supports. Then we can look into Elements Organizer File Menu/"Copy/Move...." opportunities or 3rd party software choices as indicated by what you find in the player specifications.

ATR

• 5. Re: does premier elements allow publishing of audio only cds?
                thomasc57104154 Level 1

Insofar as the types of CD players, there are a few of our housebound

seniors who have a player on loan from the church, the manufacturer of

which I am not certain. Nothing extraordinary, the types of units found

at Walmart, I believe.

I burn CDs & DVDs with Windows Media Player

I send the formatted video to Vimeo from the Desktop, which has always

worked for me.

• 6. Re: does premier elements allow publishing of audio only cds?
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

thomas

Thanks for the follow up information.

Windows Media Player seems to support

for data CD or DVD, if I put a .mp3 file through this for a burn to CD, I get a file with a .wpl file extension

for Audio CD, if I put that same .mp3 file through this for a burn to CD, I get a file with a .cda file extension.

Have you worked with the above before and found that either choice was playable on players other than Window Media Player?

Each of the above choices gave music playback from the CD using Windows Media Player. Looks like each plays back on at least iTunes also.

ATR

• 7. Re: does premier elements allow publishing of audio only cds?
                    thomasc57104154 Level 1

I'll have to run the process myself to see what works

Thanks again

• 8. Re: does premier elements allow publishing of audio only cds?
                      A.T. Romano Level 7

thomas

An edit to what I wrote previously about Windows Media Player burn to CD "data CD or DVD"...the hard drive .mp3 put through the process did produce a wpl file on the CD but there was also a Music Folder when I explored the CD disc. After going through several folders in the path of the Music Folder, there was the .mp3 file after all on the CD disc (the data CD).

ATR

• 9. Re: does premier elements allow publishing of audio only cds?
                        thomasc57104154 Level 1

My problem is I only have Premier Elements 13.01 and there is no

"computer" link to "Publish+Share"

• 10. Re: does premier elements allow publishing of audio only cds?
                          A.T. Romano Level 7

thomas

Whether Premiere Elements 13 or 13.1, the program's export section is named Publish+Share.

And, Publish+Share has the following choices

Private Web Album

Social Websites

Disc

Computer

Mobile Phones and Players

P&S.JPG

Under Computer in the above list, you will find

MPEG

AVCHD

XAVC-S

AVI

Windows Media

QuickTime

Audio

The choices under Audio appear as shown in the screenshot

scrollbar.jpg

Unless you use the scroll bar to scroll down to the bottom of the list of Publish+Share/Computer/ choices, you will not see the Audio Panel and its offerings.

Please review the situation and let us know the outcome. If any questions or need clarification, please do not hesitate to ask.

Thank you.

ATR

• 11. Re: does premier elements allow publishing of audio only cds?
                            thomasc57104154 Level 1

I’ve been creating digital videos for our church since 2009. We first

started with iMac’s iMovie which gave us everything from intact

downloaded video files from the camcorder to easy to use editing to one

stop rendering for DVDs and Vimeo upload to simple rendering for audio

cd burns. The Mac was past prime and Apple’s price tag for a new machine

was ridiculously high.  So we moved on to a Dell with plenty of movie

making power.  Unfortunately our first editing software, Cyberlink Power

Director, fell short.  Files transferred from the camcorder to the Dell

did not coalesce into a single intact file. Each of the 12 minute 41

second files was missing audio and video. That’s why we were excited

about Adobe Premiere Essentials 13. Each of the 6 or 7 - 12 minute 41

second files combined to form one unified file. And the editing is easy

to work with. But unlike the Mac or Power Director, Adobe Premiere

Essentials 13’s rendering, burning and uploading leaves much to be

desired. It took nearly an hour to format, upload and complete just the

Vimeo product. That still leaves the rendering and Burning of the DVD

and yet more extensive time for audio formatting and burning. At Zion

Lutheran it’s up to me to capture the worship service, edit it, format

it, and distribute it to the WEB, burn DVDs for our local Public Access

TV Channels and burn audio CDs for distribution to our shut-ins. If we

can’t distribute the Good News of Jesus Christ there is really no sense

in capturing the videos in the first place.  I realize that Premiere

Essentials is a step down from Premiere Pro, but we just cannot afford

the 50 bucks a month. All of my aforementioned comments have nothing to

do with your attempting to help which I appreciate very much, I thought

you should know that isn’t our first party, and perhaps I should be more

aware of all of the proper settings and so forth. I guess we just spent

$72 on a product we can’t use.

Thanks again

Tom Chorley

• 12. Re: does premier elements allow publishing of audio only cds?
                              A.T. Romano Level 7

Tom Chorley

Thanks for the explaining your situation and goals. You are doing important work where you have a lot of people depending on you. As one user to another, I want you to succeed.

I am not affiliated with Adobe in anyway. My interests here are solely directed to your goals. What is the level of disappointment at this time.

a. Are you finding and getting the features mentioned to work, but everything is taking too much time to complete

b. You cannot find the features mentioned and the ones that you do find do not work

or

c. Other.

If you want, we could tackle one issue at a time. Example...the audio CD issue. We could look at where the source files are coming from, their format, and what you want Premiere Elements to do with them. Can you substitute DVD disc for CD disc in your distributions to the homebound members of your church? We could look at computer resources, source media formats and durations, and, in general, expectations versus the optimal performance of the product in your computer environment.

But if you see no future for you with Premiere Elements 13/13.1, you purchased from Adobe direct, and are within 30 days of purchase, please seek a return/refund from Adobe Chat Orders. If you purchased elsewhere, then you will have to depend on the return/refund policy of the seller. I can post the link to Adobe Chat return/refund if you want.

Return, cancel, or exchange an Adobe order

But, you have work to do and you need the tools to get the job done.

Please let us know how we can help with the Premiere Elements 13/13.1 performance issues.

Best wishes with whatever your video editing decisions are.

ATR

• 13. Re: does premier elements allow publishing of audio only cds?
                                thomasc57104154 Level 1

I appreciate everything you’re trying to do to help me, like creating

reusable titles and locating the audio process in Publish+Share.

To your question: the time factor stands out for me.

Different encoding for DVDs, CDs and Internet uploading really takes up

a lot of time, that being said I understand various media can require

different encoding.  However I have to go back to iMovie which creates a

single encoding or “movie” for both DVD and internet upload and of

course a separate encoding for audio, all through rather simple steps. I

find Premiere Elements’ encoding for internet upload is a slow maddening

process. The 20 minute upload countdown is normal but usually, at the

end of the upload, a display lets you know that the upload is complete.

But P.E. starts a second countdown, which I believe is Vimeo’s actual

processing of the upload. This 2nd countdown is totally unnecessary,

since the video is uploaded and Vimeo is completing the project online.

This does not allow the operator to move on to another task. Because

iMovie and Power Director can place the encoded video on the desktop, I

save a lot of time by going online, opening my Vimeo account, locating

the encoded video on my desktop, from Vimeo, and start the upload

process. Once Vimeo starts uploading, I minimize Vimeo and work on some

other facet of the total operation. Once the upload is complete I get a

notice that “THE VIDEO IS DONE” at which time I close out Vimeo and

continue working on other stuff, until Vimeo finishing the final

processing of the video.  At this time I go to our church website to see

the RSS’d video.

I work a split-shift Saturdays at a radio station (6-10am + 12-3pm) so

I’m a little behind in replying.

Again, thanks for all of you help.

Tom Chorley

• 14. Re: does premier elements allow publishing of audio only cds?
                                  thomasc57104154 Level 1

I appreciate everything you’re trying to do to help me, like creating

reusable titles and locating the audio process in Publish+Share.

To your question: the time factor stands out for me.

Different encoding for DVDs, CDs and Internet uploading really takes up

a lot of time, that being said I understand various media can require

different encoding.  However I have to go back to iMovie which creates a

single encoding or “movie” for both DVD and internet upload and of

course a separate encoding for audio, all through rather simple steps. I

find Premiere Elements’ encoding for internet upload is a slow maddening

process. The 20 minute upload countdown is normal but usually, at the

end of the upload, a display lets you know that the upload is complete.

But P.E. starts a second countdown, which I believe is Vimeo’s actual

processing of the upload. This 2nd countdown is totally unnecessary,

since the video is uploaded and Vimeo is completing the project online.

This does not allow the operator to move on to another task. Because

iMovie and Power Director can place the encoded video on the desktop, I

save a lot of time by going online, opening my Vimeo account, locating

the encoded video on my desktop, from Vimeo, and start the upload

process. Once Vimeo starts uploading, I minimize Vimeo and work on some

other facet of the total operation. Once the upload is complete I get a

notice that “THE VIDEO IS DONE” at which time I close out Vimeo and

continue working on other stuff, until Vimeo finishing the final

processing of the video.  At this time I go to our church website to see

the RSS’d video.

I work a split-shift Saturdays at a radio station (6-10am + 12-3pm) so

I’m a little behind in replying.

Again, thanks for all of you help.

Tom Chorley

• 15. Re: does premier elements allow publishing of audio only cds?
                                    thomasc57104154 Level 1

Sorry about sending the message twice. Charter leaves alot to desire

concerning their emal program