1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 16, 2015 9:30 PM by shooternz

Recommendations for coloring a scene?

kpm26

Hello!  This is my first time seriously working with color correction/ grading on one of my film projects, and I'm using after effects.  I've already edited my scene and imported it in a sequence.  I'm just not sure what the best way to do this is.  There are many different shots, and I've ended up creating a lot of adjustment layers.  If I keep this up for the whole scene I think I'll have too many to manage.  Is there a simpler way to do this?  Should I have colored the individual clips instead of trying to edit them in a sequence?  Is there a way that I could still do this? 

Part of this project is a montage, so there are many, many more separate scenes that I will need to work with.  It just doesn't seem like what I'm doing is the right/ most efficient way.

I'd appreciate any advice.  Thanks very much.

• 1. Re: Recommendations for coloring a scene?
          shooternz Level 6

It just doesn't seem like what I'm doing is the right/ most efficient way.

You must have had a special reason to come to AEFX to CC and grade?

I cant think of onem yself  because I would have used a CC application like Resolve, Speedgrade or Premiere to do so.

Premiere with Masks, Lumetri and built in CC tools  can do plenty and especially if you combine Look Creation (LUTS) from Speedgrade.