3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 16, 2015 7:07 PM by A.T. Romano

How do I save my video project as a data file?

mickeyb70834225

I am preparing a video project on a deadline and they have requested I send it to them in a data file format. I don't see where I can save it that way. Help!

• 1. Re: How do I save my video project as a data file?
          A.T. Romano Level 7

mickeyb

If you transfer the computer hard drive saved project file to a USB flash drive or to burned to disc as data disc with 3rd party software, the project file will be of little use without its source media and Premiere Elements version that supports it. If your associates are asking for a project file, then consider archiving the project, using Premiere Elements Editor with File Menu/Project Archiver and the Copy Project option. That will save copy of project file plus copies of source media in a Copied Folder to the computer hard drive. This Folder can then be transferred to a USB Flash Drive. The recipient still needs Premiere Elements to open the copy of the project file from the Copied Folder on the USB Flash Drive inserted into the recipient's computer. If a Movie Menu is included with the project, then the following needs to be considered

ATR Premiere Elements Troubleshooting: PE12: Archiving Projects With Disc Menus

Is the request for project as data file related to your associates wanting

a. to edit the project

or

b. see what the project looks like in its most current version?

If "b", you might want to think about exporting the Timeline to a AVCHD.mp4 files and saving it as .mp4 data to the computer hard drive or USB Flash Drive. Premiere Elements does not support menus for Timeline content saved to file.

Please review and consider and then we can discuss this further.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: How do I save my video project as a data file?
            mickeyb70834225 Level 1

I am in Alabama saving a project to send it via internet to Ohio.

• 3. Re: How do I save my video project as a data file?
              A.T. Romano Level 7

mickeyb

Thanks for the follow up.

For sharing the files, have you used links to your files and DropBox or Google Drive?

As for what file to send, try to find out from the recipient which of the following is acceptable

a. Copied Folder from the project archiving. If the Copied Folder size is too large, consider archiving the project with the Archive Project option instead of the Copied Folder option.

or

b. Timeline exported as a AVCHD.mp4 file (if file size is a problem, then consider a Windows Media Video 9.wmv file).

ATR