1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 16, 2015 5:28 PM by A.T. Romano

Troubleshooting

paraujo6

Hi,

I have issues with opening premiere because it tells me that I need to update the graphic intel for my PC. When I first installed Adobe Premiere Elements to my computer, the program worked fine. I have the most up-to-date graphic for my window 7. I'm still not able to open adobe premiere. I have tried re-installing the program (adobe premiere elements 11). I don't know why nothing is working. As soon as it tells me I need to update, my computer freezes and I have to manually shut down my computer. I also continuously update my computer. I don't know what else to do, besides buy a new computer. I also have to mention that when I downloaded  the program on another computer it worked perfectly fine.

• 1. Re: Troubleshooting
          A.T. Romano Level 7

paraujo6

Premiere Elements 11 on Windows 7 (presumed 64 bit)

What are the properties of the source media that you import into your projects? If you change to another format (even with a series of jpeg photos) do the display error messages stop?

Assuming the problem exists for all the source media types and that your video card/graphics card driver version is up to date according to the web site of the manufacturer of the card, then delete the BadDrivers.txt file. Please check the following how to details for your version and computer operating system.

ATR Premiere Elements Troubleshooting: PE: BadDrivers.Txt File Locations

Also, please check Device Manager/Display Adapters to review the driver situation and verify the number of cards that your computer uses.

Please ask if you need clarification on the above.

Thank you.

ATR