3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 17, 2015 12:39 PM by Steve Grisetti

Premiere elements 13 changing the frame rate of the original clips

HarpieMacaron Level 1

Hi,

I'm trying to make a gameplay video for YouTube... The clips I'm using are at a low frame rate (13-15 fps). When I put these clips into the editor, they get sped up to 30 fps. This increases the speed of the video and the preview window jumps back and forwards in the video.

This is highly frustrating because I can not change the speed of my video, and I can't see what I'm editing... I've tried rendering the video but this makes no difference... Is there any way of getting around this problem???

• 1. Re: Premiere elements 13 changing the frame rate of the original clips
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Premiere Elements is designed for editing camcorder video, and its project settings are designed for specific camcorder frame rates. I don't know of any way to set up a project in Premiere Elements at 15 fps.

However, if your video is using a standard video codec, the program should not be speeding up your video. It should interpolate the frames so that your 15 fps become 30 fps -- in other words, one second of video is one second of video, regardless of your source video's frame rate. So more likely it's the codec your video is using rather than the frame rate.

What codec is your gameplay video? Open the video in a program like G Spot or Media Info and post to this forum the resolution, frame rate and audio and video codecs listed. That will help us tremendously in guiding you to a solution.

• 2. Re: Premiere elements 13 changing the frame rate of the original clips
            HarpieMacaron Level 1

Excellent! I'm pretty sure that will solve the problem. The files are in raw "movie clip" format. That usually causes problems. I can't beleive I didn't think of that before! I'll convert the files to mp4 or avi and post again to comfirm that that really was the problem.

Thanks for the quick response

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

--> Just to comfirm, changing the format to mp4 worked!

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!11

• 3. Re: Premiere elements 13 changing the frame rate of the original clips
              Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Okay, but please note that simply converting to an AVI may not solve your problems, since it still depends on the CODEC that's used to create the file, not the format of the file itself.