8 Replies Latest reply on Apr 17, 2015 11:31 AM by A.T. Romano

How do I insert a transition in front of the first video clip?

Andy-Mary

I want to insert my own unique opening title transition rather than use one of the preset titles. How do I do this?

• 1. Re: How do I insert a transition in front of the first video clip?
          A.T. Romano Level 7

andy-mary

What version of Premiere Elements and on what computer operating system?

What do you mean by title transition? Do you mean Title Template?

What are the properties of your own title transition, that is, format including file extension? Where was it created?

Please supply more details for us to help you.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: How do I insert a transition in front of the first video clip?
            Andy-Mary Level 1

Thank you, ATR!

These queeries pertain to Premiere Elements 13, just purchased from a camera store.

My O.S. is Windows 7.

To explain: I want to retroactively (after I had already dragged down and edited my first clip to the timeline) insert a preferably blank black area into which I can write in my own text. Ideally I would also like to have that opening title open up in gradually.

The title format/text/fonts etc.etc. etc.  would be created by me in Premiere Expert option, from whatever text etc. options there are available as standard features.

I don’t want to use Adobe title templates, at least not now.

I have another two questions:

I noticed that when now beginning to communicate once again with Adobe after a long time interval, my name is given as a John McNeill. Can you please change that for me to my real name, which is Andy Lamm? I also use Adobe Elements 11 for editing still photography, possibly that is where the problem started.

I also noticed that my user name shows up here or there as marywooddside-andymailto:marywooddside-andylamm@rogers.co (i.e., with 3 d’s total rather than the correct marywoodside-andylamm@rogers.com with only 2 d’s total. Can you fix that too? Thank you.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Ciao, Andy Lamm.

• 3. Re: How do I insert a transition in front of the first video clip?
              Peru Bob Adobe Community Professional & MVP

andy-mary wrote:

To explain: I want to retroactively (after I had already dragged down and edited my first clip to the timeline) insert a preferably blank black area into which I can write in my own text. Ideally I would also like to have that opening title open up in gradually.

Highlight all of the clips on the timeline (in Expert mode) and slide them over to make room.  Create a new title an put it in the blank space you created.  Either keyframe its opacity or make it fade in or use a dissolve transition at the beginning of the title.

As I don't use Premiere Elements, but use Premiere Pro, I can't give you step by step instructions,  ATR is very good about such advice and I'm sure will give you much more thorough instructions.

andy-mary wrote:

I noticed that when now beginning to communicate once again with Adobe after a long time interval, my name is given as a John McNeill. Can you please change that for me to my real name, which is Andy Lamm? I also use Adobe Elements 11 for editing still photography, possibly that is where the problem started.

I also noticed that my user name shows up here or there as marywooddside-andymailto:marywooddside-andylamm@rogers.co (i.e., with 3 d’s total rather than the correct marywoodside-andylamm@rogers.com with only 2 d’s total. Can you fix that too? Thank you.

We are not Adobe.  This is a public user to user forum.  We are customers just like you, volunteering our time to help others.  You will need to contact Adobe to make any changes to your account:

Contact | Adobe

• 4. Re: How do I insert a transition in front of the first video clip?
                A.T. Romano Level 7

Andy Lamm

A few ways to approach this.

Given your preexisting Timeline video clips which start at the beginning of the Timeline....

Expert workspace....Timeline Indicator at the beginning of the Timeline

1. Using the Titler

Text Menu/New Text/Default Text

That will automatically place a title clip on the Timeline beginning of Video Track 2.

While the Titler is still open, select the default "Add Text" with the Titler Text section's Selection Tool, hit the keyboard Delete key.

Close the Titler.

As you hold down the Ctrl key, use the mouse cursor to click drag the title file on Video 2 to the beginning of Video 1.

2. Using Black Video

Project Assets/Panel Options/New Item/Black Video

Place the Timeline Indicator to the far right away from the preexisting Timeline content. Click on Black Video in the above path cited. That will put a copy of the Black Video at the place where you have the Timeline Indicator but a copy will also be placed in Project Assets.

Move the Timeline Indicator to the beginning of the Timeline.

Go to Project Assets, right click the thumbnail for the Black Video file, and select Insert in Timeline.

Delete the copy of the Timeline Black Video to the far right that I used to get a copy of the file into Project Assets for us to use from there its handy Insert in Timeline command.

Please review and consider and then let us know if any of the above worked for you.

Thank you.

ATR

• 5. Re: How do I insert a transition in front of the first video clip?
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

Andy Lamm

I think that you will get the best and quick information on the Adobe Forums Sign In is from the Adobe Comments Forum

Forum comments

I suspect that the Adobe ID and password need to be addressed using account information at the Adobe web site.

But, also determine if any of the following helps

Adobe ID, sign-in, and account help

Thanks.

ATR

• 6. Re: How do I insert a transition in front of the first video clip?
                    Andy-Mary Level 1

Hi ATR,

Thank you very much for your 3 email answers to date.

I hope to be OK from here on in.

Cheers, Andy.

• 7. Re: How do I insert a transition in front of the first video clip?
                      Andy-Mary Level 1

Thank you, Peru Bob!

Very good recommendations. Much appreciated. Will try them out

Aloha, Andy.

• 8. Re: How do I insert a transition in front of the first video clip?
                        A.T. Romano Level 7

Andy

Thanks for the follow up.

Hope the suggestions work for you. Please do not hesitate to ask if any questions or clarifications needed for your Premiere Elements workflows. Glad for the opportunity to be of assistance.

Best wishes

ATR