2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 28, 2008 11:58 PM by UIdesigner

correct size for swf/FLV video files in Presenter 7?

UIdesigner
      HI,
      I'm trying to use Presenter with some screen capture and other video an I cant seem to get the video to show up at the correct size. If the video is scaled for screen capture it looks really bad. I can build new resources or export to any type or video/swf or FLV but I don't seem to be able to control how to get this to work once in comes into presenter. Real video is OK as that scales well.
        • 1. Re: correct size for swf/FLV video files in Presenter 7?
          Cheeop Level 1
          Personally, I record in Camtasia at 800x600, then have it resize to 640x480. When I import that file into PowerPoint, it has a huge white border around it, and I have to resize the video until there's no white border left.

It's still quite large on the screen, and the fact that PowerPoint / Presenter seem to resample/rescale the video seems to lower the quality some, which is why I often use heavy zoom effects within Camtasia.

I've tried using Captivate for creating the videos, but honestly, it's faster and provides a better end result if I'm using Camtasia. What software are you using?
          • 2. Re: correct size for swf/FLV video files in Presenter 7?
            UIdesigner Level 1
            Yes I'm using Camtasia too, I've been a user since version to, I really like the presenter layout, for longer content I just can see why you cant set video to be the correct size (100%) by default screen recording always looses quality when not at 100%. Unless I se any other ideas I'll try and work around it.