2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 21, 2015 5:42 PM by Trevor James14

I need help with rotation!

Trevor James14

Hi im new to after effects and im working on a project and i had to ratate it so i hit the W key and i did it but now i cant turn it off, i re hit the W key and it still didnt work, i also went up to the right upper side were the rotate button is and clicked it but that still didnt work could i get some help please.

• 1. Re: I need help with rotation!
          Rick Gerard Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Please read through the help files. The w key activates rotation which will give you slightly different tools if the layer is 2D or 3D. The v key will give you the selection key. You should be able to click any tool in the tool bar. If you want to manually enter values press the r key with a layer selected in the time line to bring up rotation properties.

I promise you that you cannot learn how to use After Effects efficiently without going through some training. I've been teaching AE for a little more than 20 years and I've never seen a single person successfully stumble through the app and produce anything other than a direct copy of someone else's project. Start here: Basic Workflow

• 2. Re: I need help with rotation!
            Trevor James14 Level 1

Thank you very much.